Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jakexpie

New to building baits

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I have been trolling through this forum for about 6 months and finally decided to join. I am very impressed with everyone wanting to help each other. I am only 20 any really enjoy fishing and the woodworking. I recently purchased a paasche airbrush and I have been trying to paint my own lures. My biggest issue with painting them is the blotcheyness of the paint through the airbrush, is there something I am doing wrong, pressure? Paint?  I look forward to gaining the knowledge from all of you.

Thanks - Jake

jake what paint are you useing? lots of us use createx paints you don't have to mix them, there for airbrushing.. most of airbrushing is knowing the paint, getting it to spray right...keeping the brush clean ...pressure start 20-25psi..... try playing with less pressure (makeing dots, blacking around eyes)...read some stories on the net(airbrush mags have them) learn how to mix paint......if ya post a photo someone may be able to tell you what might help you:D welcome to plugbuilding madness

I bought some createx (some opaque, and transparent). What is the difference in those paints, and did I buy the wrong ones? Also, my little compressor has a regulator and I tried a couple different things. Do you want the psi at 20-25 with the paint consistantly coming out? Thanks for all the advice.

-Jake