Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucky

Andy Pettite

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

The YES Network's Jack Curry reports that Andy Pettitte has signed a $2.5 million minor league deal in an attempt to return to the Yankees.

Pettitte initially retired after the 2010 season, when he was 11-3 with a 3.28 ERA in 21 starts. The 39-year old southpaw is 240-138 in his 16-year career with a 3.88 ERA and 2,251 strikeouts over 3,055.1 innings pitched.

The Yankees reloaded their rotation, so it's unclear what chance Pettite has at returning to the Major League roster. But in his final season with the Yankees, that left arm of his still had plenty of life: Pettitte made the All-Star team in 2010 for the third time in his career despite suffering a groin injury that hindered him for two months later in the season.

I hope it doesn't become another Brett Favre type circus.

I don't see how it could be - his fate is completely in the hands of the Yankees, unlike Farve, who basically held teams hostage for his services...and if for some reason Andy decided to make it ugly (which I can't see), the Yankees would most likely show him the door

No comparison to Favre, he is a diva and it was always all about him.  Petite has enough class that I don't think he would pitch if he didn't think he could.  For the record, I think he still has something left and only retired to avoid the media circus that would have come with him testifying in the Clemens trial.

He only being tested in the minors to see if his arms and legs hold up... and if he does good then they take a look at him later... at least thats what Cashmen said..