Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
treblemaker

cts vapor trail 12 ft question

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

ok i am buying a cts vapor trail 3-6 ounce stick gonna be my montauk and beach and inlet stick. gonna build it but was contiplating on cutting a foot off the butt to bring it down to a 11ft stick. does anyone have this rod and if so can you tell me a bit about it. and if any one has or had it did they cutt it down

Cutting a blank from the tip or the butt makes it more parabolic while increasing its lure rating. A foot is a lot to cut off of a fine blank like this. Why can you not just get an 11' CTS?

If you cut a fast action blank from the tip, it may become more of a cue stick, but, its bend will change from fast action towards slow action. This is more parabolic.

telltale - true. i just wont describe that rod cut a foot from the top as parabolic, just cause it woudl give a misleading description of how that rod will fish, it may be parabloic but it wont bend at all when you actually fish it

telltale - true. i just wont describe that rod cut a foot from the top as parabolic, just cause it woudl give a misleading description of how that rod will fish, it may be parabloic but it wont bend at all when you actually fish it

I have fished a few of those.:dismay::dismay:

good info guys thanks i am not cutting it. so how does that 12 ft feel when fished niice and light. was thinking about making that my go to stick in montauk on a daily basis

i have one. i wanted the 11' but the guy in amityville was out of stock. i was gonna do the same thing and cut a foot off the 12 but the guy said i might want to keep it the way it is since its a really light blank. after test casting it he was right. i kept it at 12

is it a beefy blank or thin like the 11 ft 6 s8, does it feels flimsy

The Vapor trail is MUCH Thinner than the S8. I had the S8 and it was too thick for me

I was shown a few other blanks and the 3-6oz 11ft fits what I will do. You can throw 1oz even 1/2oz with this rod all the

way up to 6 oz. But I prob wont throw over 3.

The vapor trail and s8 are 2 totally different rods

I'm mulling over the VT1106-1 and the VT1106-2. It will be built for a 69 year old guy in reasonable shape. The 2pc is more convenient to move around but I'm more interested in how they compare casting and fishing. Thanks for your thoughts.

Don