Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ekelly33

Century ng Spod

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hey folks, I picked up a 12' Century Ng Spod....can't wait too finish it up...anyone else have any experience with these? Like,dislike, how it fishes etc.?

the century 12ft. spod is simular to the all star 1418, the century spod is lighter in weigh than the 1418, the spod is new on the surf scene, and one you won t forget when it comes to casting distance. (a little bird told me that century might be coming out with a 11ft, spod)

The SPOD is one of the most versatile blanks in the Century line. It can throw a 2oz pencil and it can throw 6oz and a chunk. It is extremely powerful and very fishable. One of those rods where if you could only bring 1 rod to the beach it could handle most jobs well. Have fun with it.

US Century Distributor

Sounds like I picked a winner...it's tough pi

cking out a century blank. The more of them you check out and experience

The more you want. I picked up the 1 to 3 slingshot 10',6" and love it that thing will actually throw those light lures and yet plenty of backbone to

land whatever you might hook into.. So this year I wanted to build.a heavier rod and chose the SPod cant wait to hook up on it.

I have cast and fished with a borrowed Spod and love it. It has a casting weight similar to the AS 1418 but has a lighter tip which should allow throwing lighter weight. It should also give better bite detection. I understand an entire ASAC team ordered it.

It's interesting that in the UK it was designed not to fish but to throw a bait spod. That is essentially a miniature chum pot.