Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speckhunter80

Syracuse-UNCAsheville

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Asheville was robbed....much like NC State was robbed in the ACC tourney by the Tarholes. Stay tuned for something hard to believe...Lehigh is sticking it to Duke.....stay tuned for further developments

Kinda knew Duke was going out early. Lehigh out-hustled them all night. Why Duke didn't pound the ball inside all night with the Plumlee's is beyond me. They could have scored every time down......and the 3's didn't drop either. As a Duke fan, this is a tough loss, but on the other hand, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year at Duke, so I guess this season wasn't a total failure. Now the season has come down to rooting for whoever plays UNC.

Kinda knew Duke was going out early. Lehigh out-hustled them all night. Why Duke didn't pound the ball inside all night with the Plumlee's is beyond me. They could have scored every time down......and the 3's didn't drop either. As a Duke fan, this is a tough loss, but on the other hand, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year at Duke, so I guess this season wasn't a total failure. Now the season has come down to rooting for whoever plays UNC.

Agreed. 1-10 for 3 pointers hurt in the first half. They let them hang around to long.

Asheville was robbed....much like NC State was robbed in the ACC tourney by the Tarholes. Stay tuned for something hard to believe...Lehigh is sticking it to Duke.....stay tuned for further developments

I didn't watch the game but did see the call on ESPN Sportscenter - definitely a bad call. I also heard the anchor people talking about how UNC(A) was robbed out of a victory...and I can't agree with that. Because Syr was up by three points when that pass was deflected out of bounds and while a proper call would've given UNC(A) a legit shot to perhaps tie the game, the odds were still in Syr's favor...If the right call was made and the call was that a Syr player touched the ball last, the story for that one brief moment would've been 'Syr failed at a chance to shut the door', not 'Syr just blew the game'

I didn't watch the game but did see the call on ESPN Sportscenter - definitely a bad call. I also heard the anchor people talking about how UNC(A) was robbed out of a victory...and I can't agree with that. Because Syr was up by three points when that pass was deflected out of bounds and while a proper call would've given UNC(A) a legit shot to perhaps tie the game, the odds were still in Syr's favor...If the right call was made and the call was that a Syr player touched the ball last, the story for that one brief moment would've been 'Syr failed at a chance to shut the door', not 'Syr just blew the game'

That wasn't the only call that was missed.