Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quonnie

Crestliner 1950 Sportfish

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I own a Crestliner 1950 sportfisher, hull is in excellent condition, decking seats etc excellent condition. Motor not so much I bought it used and the dink had welded a crack in the block enough to get it by for a few hours, then it started to spit oil, now the motor is seized. Do you think this is worth repairing, fixing?

Just not sure what to do with this boat. Thanks.:confused::confused:

(*edited - no selling outside the BST Forum - thanks. TimS)

The Out drive, sorry I used the wrong vernacular, the boat motor etc is from 1995, lifetime warranty on hull and decking. I just don't know if I should scrap it, fix it or junk it.:confused:

Ok the boat isn't ancient. Have a surveyor make a thorough inspection of the hull and see for sure what kind of shape it is in. Then ask him what he thinks a new motor head would cost and call around and ask other shops etc.

(*Edited - John, it's not a game of seeing what you can get away with, it's obvious your intentions. I asked you nicely not to solicit here. I do apologize, I did not read the original post, I see that it was a long time member breaking the rules that made it appear that we allow selling in this forum - we don't :) TimS)

Not my intention. Takin the boat off of someones hands, as indicated in the original post means he is willing to have it removed as is. I was discussing another 1995 boat I could purchase. Was just trying to figure out if this would be less expensive to fix than the other boat. Just a misunderstanding I guess. No worries