Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paull

What Line - 12wt GLoomis CC GLX

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I would say 500gr of slightly less is the average head weight which makes a 12wt rod feel good but it depends of too many things so you need to test it yourself.

600gr is 20% heavier but it results only about 10% more stress to you because rod weight does not change. 20% heavier head casts at least 5% farther if have strength to cast it.

Esa

What are you using it for?  Boat or surf?  Depending on who's driving you won't be in a head wind too often.  So i would use the 500gr.  But if you're on shore I would try the heavy 600 to make sure you can punch out far.  I just strung a 9/10 beulah TH surf rod with 425 gr.  It loads great and shoots a mile. 

Are you coming to the cape this spring.Hoping to see you and Mike again on the flats.

Unfortunately it looks I can not come this spring. Work vise fall and Montauk is easier this year.

Esa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunch View Post

Unfortunately it looks I can not come this spring. Work vise fall and Montauk is easier this year.

Esa.

Sorry to hear that and I will look forward to another time.Good luck when and where ever you go. ....."the meadow"