Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biofatty

Planning a trip to A.I. in April, would like some opinions on dates..

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

A few of us that are about 4 hours away from A.I. are itching to get down and fish, we are planning a trip for April and we were wondering if we should shoot for the weekend of the 7th or should we hold off until the 14th?

I know no one can predict anything 100%, but I was wondering what are chances for stripers would be around that time.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Ryan

First week of April is going to find me south a bit. What's another 4 hours added to the drive. I want something RED!

To answer your question, I'm with Plug, later the better. But who knows with this crazy warm weather.

I am planning on 2 weeks ahead of last year from the water temps and the weather. plan on earlier than later, water temps are up, mid winter, the fish are on the move. Good luck. A bit south will  be hot.!

Surfnuts

The fish have to spawn. Water temps influence that but photoperiodism controls it. Early might be better than usual but the majority of fish will still leave the bay late April, eary May.

I'd like to see it cool down. Per my experience when the ocean temps are abnormally warm at post-spawn, the fish go by us fast.

Thanks Plug, I agree with your statement. What part of last fall and this spring are normal. I am just hoping that the spring run starts early to make up for the horrible fall. So as to add to your earlier statement, earlier may be better, but later is the best.