Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gregmorin

Any Interest in Starting a Maine Surf Casting Club?

Rate this topic

168 posts in this topic

I live in the Bangor Area. My career took me out of state in 1996. When I lefty, there were lots of stripers in the Penobscot. I have now retired but have not seen any stripers in my old haunts in tha last couple of years.

I have fished the Kennebec at Popham Beech, The Mousam and at Pine Point.

I have noticed that there are a few Maine Saltwater Fly Fishing groups but no Surf Casting groups.

Is there any interest in starting one to share info and fellowship?

Greg

I spoke with Dana at the tackle shop in Portland yesterday. The old group is defunct. I see some advantages to starting a group. We could share knowledge, help new people, set up fishing trips, meet new people and make new friends. I have the time and talent to help organize a group if there is any interest.

Please reply if you have interest in forming a group.

Greg

Sure,

I wouldn't mind starting up a club, but by the looks of things it doesn't seem like there will be many members. I regularly fish from boat, but theres nothing better in my opinion, than fishing the surf.

I did pretty well last year in Phippsburg.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your interest. Dana at the tackle shop in Portland said he would be interested. Let's give the thread a few more daysto see if there is any more interest. We could then set and publise a time and place to meet and see who shows up.

Greg

Hey Greg

I think that I've fished with you quite a few times

At the mouth of the Kenny

A club would be be interesting and useful.

My schedule is limited because I'm a chef but I am off

Most Sunday and Monday's and I'll help anyway I can

See you soon

Brian

Hey Guys,

I would be interested in joining your group as well. Like most, I don't get as much time to fish as I would like but I make as many trips over to the Wells area as I can when the fish are around. I live about an hours ride from the coast in NH but try to get over at least a couple times a week . Please count me in!

Thanks, Mark

I would love to be a part of the group. I just had to move to Brewer so I wont get to fish as much as I did last year. However I still will be down in the southern Maine area for work and will always have my rods with me.

I would like to be a part of your group.

As I stated in another post, this is my first year fishing and would leap at the opportunity to learn as much as possible.

Steven

I second the comment regarding it being quiet on the forum. I haven't been on in several weeks or longer but just got back from Charleston last night after 8 hours on the water chasing Reds. I had fishing on the brain and had to jump on here to see what was going on. Many won't be on here until closer to fishing season. Will be a long few weeks waiting for the stipers to get up here now.