Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dingalinger

Can anyone tell me what kind of boat this is and the value of it and if its even a good fishing boat

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

i know its a 16ft boat with a 50 hp johnson motor and am told its a  2004. seems like a really decent fishing boat that i could do some pretty easy saltwater fishing with. thought and ideas? it needs a new transmission I'm told.....

post-62216-14230797335285_thumb.jpg

To me, who knows little about boat makers, it looks like a "Headache". "Needs a transmission" means $$$. I personaly wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole because I would be relying totally on some boat repair place to fix it correctly and not screw me $ wise. If you can repair the transmission yourself and the other things that need repair then I don't think you would be asking???

First of all; It doesn't have a "transmission". It has a lower unit.

You may be better off replacing the motor; depending on the $$ to repair it. I't shure a lot drier than a Kayak...

If the price is right, go for it. But be prepared to spend some cash on it.

Looks a little like a Glastron w/ a quasi Pilot house added.

Cheap w./ paperwork and trailer? Just get a used 35-60 HP motor (or whatever HP rating it has) for it for $500-1000

The serial number stamped on the Transom (usually on the right/starboard side )will have a 3 letter code (1st 3 letters) for the manufacturer.

Manuf. codes http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic1.aspx

Serial numbers explained, Manuf, date, hull number etc. http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.html

Getting the boat for free. Trailer is garbage but can get a used one for a few hundred. I can do the work myself no problem. I'm seeing if it's a good project boat for doing striper fishing and freshwater with. And yes the lower half needs to be replaced but figured can get a blown upper half and combine the two. The motor is I believe mid 90s but I'm pretty positive that's a 2004 hull . 

This is gonna be my first boat and I think if I can get it tip top for under 5 grand then it's a good deal. Am I crazy? Let me know haha! 

Getting the boat for free. Trailer is garbage but can get a used one for a few hundred. I can do the work myself no problem. I'm seeing if it's a good project boat for doing striper fishing and freshwater with. And yes the lower half needs to be replaced but figured can get a blown upper half and combine the two. The motor is I believe mid 90s but I'm pretty positive that's a 2004 hull . 

This is gonna be my first boat and I think if I can get it tip top for under 5 grand then it's a good deal. Am I crazy? Let me know haha! 

No offence meant but I think you are. The boat may be free but the headaches will cost. Like others have said, "run Forest, run".