Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mokes

Pfaltzgraff made in CHINA??

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

So....my family has always had Pfaltzgraff plates and stuff. My Grandmother had a ton of it, as did my Mother. My wife and I were given a beautiful set also for Xmas years ago.

We've had a few accidents, so i thought i would make Mrs. Mokes happy and order some replacements. I learned a couple things..

1) Our design was gone. No biggie really. We could also pick a new one out.

2) Pfaltzgraff was bought by some big company, the US factories were closed, all Outlets stores were shut down and everything is made in China. The girl I spoke with didn't sound very happy Pfaltzgraff herself, or at least the new owners and I don't blame here. She was a lifelong PA resident. Must of sucked seeing an icon like Pfaltzgraff go away.:(

I told her that I was sorry, but I will not be buying any Pfaltzgraff products at all from here on in and that I would be letting my family know also. The website doesn't disclose this little tidbit about Americans losing jobs to China..AGAIN.

Just pisses me off. Pfaltzgraff is AMERICAN. Having it made in China is a huge insult if you ask me.

The old stuff has "Copyright USA" on it. The new stuff says "Made in China" I guess?

That's my gay little dinnerware rant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokes View Post

So....my family has always had Pfaltzgraff plates and stuff. My Grandmother had a ton of it, as did my Mother. My wife and I were given a beautiful set also for Xmas years ago.

We've had a few accidents, so i thought i would make Mrs. Mokes happy and order some replacements. I learned a couple things..

1) Our design was gone. No biggie really. We could also pick a new one out.

2) Pfaltzgraff was bought by some big company, the US factories were closed, all Outlets stores were shut down and everything is made in China. The girl I spoke with didn't sound very happy Pfaltzgraff herself, or at least the new owners and I don't blame here. She was a lifelong PA resident. Must of sucked seeing an icon like Pfaltzgraff go away.frown.gif

I told her that I was sorry, but I will not be buying any Pfaltzgraff products at all from here on in and that I would be letting my family know also. The website doesn't disclose this little tidbit about Americans losing jobs to China..AGAIN.

Just pisses me off. Pfaltzgraff is AMERICAN. Having it made in China is a huge insult if you ask me.

The old stuff has "Copyright USA" on it. The new stuff says "Made in China" I guess?

That's my gay little dinnerware rant.

You should be happy.

MikeMc doesn't have a plate left in the house.

Girl i spoke with said the Owner of Pfaltzgraff had gotten very old and his children had no interest in owning the company, so it was sold to Lifetime Brands Inc, which in turn owns a ton of companies. Just a mass producer of **** and crap. I guess this happened in 08'? I had no idea, but I was suspect on why I found a Pfaltzgraff platter at Target that was Made in China? Never put it together.

Soon enough...this country will be sunk imo.

You should be happy.

MikeMc doesn't have a plate left in the house.

He's happy though. I have often wondered if "oupa" means "oops" on the Pelopenese.

What pattern do you have, I have a bunch of stuff on shelves in the basement yours for the cost of shipping. I hate it.

I can't freakin believe I'm discussing dinerware patterns online, what the hell have I become.

What pattern do you have, I have a bunch of stuff on shelves in the basement yours for the cost of shipping. I hate it.

I can't freakin believe I'm discussing dinerware patterns online, what the hell have I become.

A wussy.:D

It's your inner Felix Unger breaking out - go for it Felix!

Same here. I have all the stuff the exwife collected in storage. Think some of its the Winterberry series and the other stuff is blue and white I think. It needs to find a new home becuase I'm getting tired of paying to store it.