Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TatonkaJames

Oooppps - When George Romney Met Saul Alinsky

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

In the wake of the devastating Detroit riots of the summer of 1967, Michigan Gov. George Romney — a liberal Republican — met the radical organizer Saul Alinsky to discuss the grievances of the urban black poor. Now Romney's son is fighting for the Republican nomination, and his main rival, Newt Gingrich, has made Barack Obama's alleged ties to Alinsky a centerpiece of his campaign.

In the wake of the devastating Detroit riots of the summer of 1967, Michigan Gov. George Romney — a liberal Republican — met the radical organizer Saul Alinsky to discuss the grievances of the urban black poor. Now Romney's son is fighting for the Republican nomination, and his main rival, Newt Gingrich, has made Barack Obama's alleged ties to Alinsky a centerpiece of his campaign.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3256159/width/544/height/700]

Ah, but was his father legal ? The birthers, so intent on Obama should be concerned about this too I would imagine. :laugh:

So it turns out Romney's family were law-breaking polygamists that fled Utah to escape the law and headed to Mexico. Romney's dad, George, was born in Mexico and then during the revolution, the family high-tailed it back to the US:

"Romney was born to American parents in the Mormon colonies in Mexico...Young George heard the sound of distant gunfire and saw rebels walking through the village streets. The Romney family fled and returned to the United States in July 1912, leaving their home and almost all of their property behind.

Oh, Obama was born in Hawaii. case closed.

Saul Alinksy, speaking for Detroit's poor? LOL.

I grew up in Detroit. We didn't hear much of him, and back in the day, we didn't have "liberal vs. conservative" - at least it didn't feel that way to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishweewee View Post

Saul Alinksy, speaking for Detroit's poor? LOL.

I grew up in Detroit. We didn't hear much of him, and back in the day, we didn't have "liberal vs. conservative" - at least it didn't feel that way to me.

Nice to see that the faithful are at least recognizing what an ogre one of their spiritual leaders is.

I think the links and similarities between Obama and Alinsky are valid and important.

Coupled with the destruction of the US of A that Obama is causing it is very important.

Alinsky and Obama were BOTH Chicago community organizers.

Small point of interest; before hearing about Obama being a "community organizer," the only OTHER "community organizer," I had ever heard of was Al Sharpton.