Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blakes000

WTB Fly Fishing Setup

16 posts in this topic

I'm looking to start fly fishing again.

Just want to see if anyone is looking to sell any equipment. Not looking to break the bank but would like to find something that I won't be selling after a year.

Thanks

Mike

freshwater or saltwater? what weight rod are you looking for? I have several rods and some starter reels, I just need to know what direction your going.

5wt or 6wt rod will do most anything for freshwater bass, 4wt -5wt for trout, do not go crazy for a reel, for freshwater the reel is just there to hold the line not to fight the fish, for the most part.

Hey Vanqish

Sorry for delay but have not been on here in a while. What is the rod length? can I use this for saltwater? I am looking to get a setup I can use for albies this fall

Thanks

I have a couple back-up rods reels.

Gold cup 9' 10wt with shearwater reel #4 loaded with 30#backing and WF 91 Airflow floating line.

TFO 9' 10wt with Orion large arbor #5 loaded with 30#backing and Rio striper 350gr 26ft sink tip line.

Both rods are 4pc, and are in great condition.

let me know if interested.

Hey Vanqish

Sorry for delay but have not been on here in a while. What is the rod length? can I use this for saltwater? I am looking to get a setup I can use for albies this fall

Thanks

It is a 9' rod and is made for saltwater.

I have a higher end setup I would let go for a very fair price it's a 9'6 9wt Thomas & Thomas and a Loon Lochasaw reel with line. The setup new would run around $1000 I will let it go for $275

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0