Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Animal

Remembering rusty

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

As I sit in anticipation of fun times to come, I think back to fun times from the past. Today it was about 70 degrees, and my thoughts turned to fishing.I remembered how last season,I caught my first mako. When we cut her up and examined her stomach contents, we found this.

I give you remembering rusty. :)

Heres to a great upcoming season.

As I sit in anticipation of fun times to come, I think back to fun times from the past. Today it was about 70 degrees, and my thoughts turned to fishing.I remembered how last season,I caught my first mako. When we cut her up and examined her stomach contents, we found this.

I give you remembering rusty. :)

Heres to a great upcoming season.

I can tell by looking and reading your story, that hook did not work as it is described to work.

I can tell by looking and reading your story, that hook did not work as it is described to work.

No sir.We believe it was a longliners hook, and without wire, and someone to tighten the line....

That's no professional crimp, neither is the haywire twist very well done, you were lucky to land the fishy.

While you are correct, the twist is far from professional, I haven't had one fail yet. :)

I've got one of those big circle hooks hanging from my lamp next to my chair Bud. Got it the same way but it wasn't in his stomach. I cut the old mono off it though.:)

Congrats again on your Mako. Nothing like fresh mako steaks when you've caught it yourself...:hi5:

You should aim to catch bigger fish then. Just sayin ;)

If my catch ratio remains static, I've got about 2 years, and another thousand bluesharks to get through before I have to worry about it. :(

I've got one of those big circle hooks hanging from my lamp next to my chair Bud. Got it the same way but it wasn't in his stomach. I cut the old mono off it though.:)

Congrats again on your Mako. Nothing like fresh mako steaks when you've caught it yourself...:hi5:

I still have a couple steaks in the freezer. I'll post pix, when I grill MikeMcs. :D

If my catch ratio remains static, I've got about 2 years, and another thousand bluesharks to get through before I have to worry about it. :(

No way. I'm feeling a very mako-ey year comin up. Good things comin bud.

While you are correct, the twist is far from professional, I haven't had one fail yet. :)

You should find a big dubro twister - they don't sell them anymore, but they are gold to twisting real nice ones, plus it does not kill your fingers.

I don't let anyone touch the one I own on the boat. I would cry if that fell overboard.