Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
passiton

Kayak Rental for JBay

10 posts in this topic

I'm looking to rent a Hobie for the JBay tourny. Looks like both of my teenage daughters are coming and they are prepared to kick all of your collectivce butts! :p One will take my Manta and the other will paddle a Perception that Shipwreck loaned me. The mini-x's just don't cut it in that environment, so I'm going to play with pedals for a few days. This might not be a good thing, as I may not want to go back :)

If I call Jerry will I need to go all the way out to pick it up, or will they bring it there and back? I'm going to give them a buzz tomorrow, but thought I'd ask here. I'd definitley prefer to give my cash to the tourny sponsor for this.

A few years ago I spoke with someone at the tournament that rented a hobie from captain kayak and they brought it down for him. But that was when the tournament was only one day, may get expensive if you're fishing the three days. I know that stella maris in sheepshead bay brooklyn also rents kayaks but I don't think they have any hobies.

One other question: Which one should I be looking at? :o I've never even sat in a Hobie. I'm 6'2 and about 220 with pretty long legs.

I don't think you can go wrong with the outback.

One other question: Which one should I be looking at? :o I've never even sat in a Hobie. I'm 6'2 and about 220 with pretty long legs.

I'm 6'2 220 or so and the Hobie is comfortable You will like it.

Hey there,

At 6-4 235lbs you will have no issues...plenty stable and leg room is fine. Comfortable as well...never had any lower back pain or anything from sitting.

Good luck

Bri

Thanks guys, this was helpful. Exchanged emails with Jerry and think I'll go with an Outback. The PA in interesting, but bigger than anything I'd ever want to own.