Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steingm

Atantic City

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

My fishing buddy and I along with our wifes and a bunch of seniors are heading to Atlantic City the 26th-28th this month. Is it worth our time to pack our fly rods and is there anywhere we can drown a few flies within walking distance. Is a S.W.License required?

Yeah Brigantine is your best bet, just cross the bridge and park theres a large area you can fish right there. It is notoriously windy however so you may wan to bring some spinning gear as well.

You can also drive south a town or two to Margate or Longport. Nice safe beaches there. Or if you don't mind a little drive, Corsons Inlet is a nice area not only for fishing but for a stroll down the beach, no need for the beach access permit, you can park out front or around back. Great area to bring the old lady.

If at Corson's use the parking lot nex to the bridge as the front beach @ high tide is very tight against the dunes. Besides for the fly you can't beat Corson's . Brigantinw is definitly nice using the South Beach If you go one block up from the Inlet entrance you can street park and walk on this time of year. Best of luck.

Watch out while in Longport/Margate, tough towns, last year I was mugged by 3 guys wearing sweatervests - all named Chip! No just kidding, but they are better places to fish when it's warmer for fluke, not many bass around this time of year.

I have to say that its unfortunate that happened, but I would not go as far as saying they are rough towns at all. I fish that are a lot, never once had anything remotely close to that kind of situation. I guess anything can happen in any area on any given day though.

Watch out while in Longport/Margate, tough towns, last year I was mugged by 3 guys wearing sweatervests - all named Chip! No just kidding, but they are better places to fish when it's warmer for fluke, not many bass around this time of year.

CHIP, the guy beat you with his wallet.

:beers: