Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AT Grimaldi

Any input or experience with Tog jigs?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I am bored and thinking of pouring up some Tog jigs.

I have the Ultra Minnow mold and was thinking of pouring them with that and painting the green/orange/red color.

Anyone have any input, suggestions, ideas or experience fishing jigs? Any reason this mold might not work?

- ATG

If you have the heavier one it should work. Most guys I know use the "lima bean" one. I think it's the shape. :huh: If you want I have Tim S's molds and can pour some for you at the CT leadfest.

Ultra minnow mold works really well on fluke. ;)

G

So here are a few jigs that I researched and poured.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3355017/width/600/height/448]

These are 1/2 and 5/8 oz. ball head jigs poured on a modified 413 size 1 tinned hook. They have been powder coated in Bright Green and Pumpkin Orange from TJ's Tackle powder blends.

I basically took a mixture of Tidal Tails jigs, Smulax and Bradford Jeff's jigs, and some that I bought at Lucky's Bait in Warren.

We'll see if and when they work.

Any and all input welcome.

- ATG

I dont think you have enough weight to hit the bottom. Most places that I fish for tog as at least some current and I would think you would need closer to 1 ounce.

At the CT lead fest they were pouring the "wooble head jig" for a tog jig. I think that will be the next mold that I buy. It looks like it'll swim really good in a current.

Smulax poured a bunch of em' . ;)

All these but one are 1.5 ounces and I have a bunch that are three ounces as well. We'll find out this weekend how they work. On each jig, just aft of the eye, I put the weight of the jig with a slash for an ounce and a dot for a half ounce.

- ATG

On each jig, just aft of the eye, I put the weight of the jig with a slash for an ounce and a dot for a half ounce.

- ATG

Of course you did! But not that it matters because I'm sure they are all properly stowed in each compartment according to weight in a plano box appropriately labeled Tog Jigs, kept neatly in the corner of your garage obviously named Togville. You sick sick bastage!! :D :D

btw they look cool, put me in for a 3oz'er ;)