Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MartinO67

3 YEARS AGO TODAY

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I had major Lower back surgery (full fusion) and i QUIT SMOKING all in the same day.

My back will never be the same. Pain and discomfort is a 24-7 issue.

As far as smoking goes I Don't miss it ;).

WOW I FEEL YOUR PAIN....IN 2007 I SUFFERED SUDDEN CARDIAC DEATH AND BECAME PERMANENTLY DISABLED..I QUIT SMOKING COLD TURKEY BACK THEN TOO....NOW THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS I WAKE UP IN EXCRUITIATING PAIN....FIND OUT I HAVE A HERNIATED DISC PRESSING IN MY SCIATIC NERVE - SPINAL STENOSIS - AND SOMETHING ELSE I CANT EVEN PRONOUNCE....WELL BECAUSE OF THE HEART MEDICATION I MUST TAKE....I CANT GET A SPINAL EPIDURAL TO STOP THE PAIN NOR CAN I GET SURGERY TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM.....I AM TOLD TO TAKE MY PAIN MEDS AND WHAT PAIN I STILL FEEL....THE DOCTORS SAY TO ' JUST SUCK IT UP '.......IT SUCKS GETTING OLD...(58):confused:

I had full fusion at C-5, C-6, C-7 in my neck in an emergency procedure in May 2000. I was sucking on a smoke as the ambulance pulled in my driveway. I came out of the procedure imobile from my neck down the next morning. Long story short, I was hospitalized and in acute rehab for 3 months with never having a smoke. That was it! No more smoking for me.

I came through the paralysis and walk today. I gimp alot and that is why I named my plugs Gimpy Lures. :D

No pain at any time. You guys with untreatable pain, my heart goes out to you.

18 weeks without a smoke for me. Had a dream I smoked last night. Woke up before I could light a second one. :D

Congrats Mike, I'm next to quit........ God willing.......

I try and try but haven't been able to give it up yet. The worst is when my son asks me to stop and I can't. It feels like he is asking me to go get him a piece of the moon, they both seem just as impossible 8(.

It's far from impossible. Read the Quitting Smoking thread and get the book. You can do it. Mike did and he's Greek.

I'm not greek. But, I did quit smoking.

Thanks Skidd. It sounds strange, but that book made it possible.

I have to try it then, again congrats its a hard thing to do....... :th:

Thanks fella's for all the kind words and encouragement !!! Quitting for me was one of the best things to ever happen , especially for the sake of my 2 sons and Wife. I'm gonna turn 45 on the 21'st. Getting older sucks but atleast i can breath easier lol.. For those of you still struggling to quit i feel your pain , if not for yourself do it for your loved ones....