Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
durden1086

i got a question for owner of 10' Tsunami Airwaves

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Gents/ Ladies,

I am looking to go from a 10' Trophy to a 10' Medium Heavy Airwave 2-4oz.

I will be throwing pencil poppers/ poppers and swimmers in the 2-3oz range.

is the action on this rod permissible for fishing any/all of the lures?

What is the sweet spot in terms of oz ratings?

matt

I bought a 10' MH Airwave when they first came out. I have used the cheaper Tsunami too and much preferred the AirWave. It is a very good all around plugging rod for 3/4 up to 2 1/2 or maybe 3 in my opinion. Unfortunately I let my daughter try it. It has now had the guides re-wrapped with hot pink thread and I don't get to use it anymore. It's very light and has a nice feel to it. I have heard of some being broken by guys who really lean into their casts and use a "snap" cast action. I have had no problems. I had a 9' that I liked too, but sold it because I acquired a couple of 9' customs and did not use it.

I bet if you do an "advanced search" in the Main Forum, thread titles only for Airwave you'll get a heap of feedback and info.

Good pencil pooper lure IMHO. I did find it rather tough to cast smaller (1oz range) lures well and had a poor feel for those small plugs. But cast that 1.5 -2.5 oz lures very well. Good rod for the price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kooky View Post

Good pencil pooper lure IMHO. I did find it rather tough to cast smaller (1oz range) lures well and had a poor feel for those small plugs. But cast that 1.5 -2.5 oz lures very well. Good rod for the price.

I would agree with Kooky's assessment.  On the lower and upper bounds (1 and 3oz) the rod does not perform as well.  

they throw any ss's perfect theyre what 2 3/8 or spmething like that, i think that is its sweet spot. and yes if you put alot into casts they blow up, i had one explode at the ferule at an inoportune time while casting and have seen my buddy blow up 2. most tackle shops will replace them for free if i happens relatively soon after buying it.