Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nauset

GAME CHANGE......HBO

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Good looking,great speaker and actress but as far as her knowledge of the world around her,appalling.The fact that she could have been a step away from President is actually insane.

Good looking,great speaker and actress but as far as her knowledge of the world around her,appalling.The fact that she could have been a step away from President is actually insane.

You're comfortable with Biden actually in that position?

do you know why the movie was released when it was?

Do you think you're getting accurate and valuable information about someone from an HBO movie? Is Jon Stewart your main source for current events news?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontTreadOnAnyone View Post

Do you think you're getting accurate and valuable information about someone from an HBO movie? Is Jon Stewart your main source for current events news?

Steve Schmidt himself has defended "Game Change" and been critical of his own decisions on the McCain-Palin campaign. "I regret playing a part in a process that yielded someone on the ticket who was not prepared to be president," Schmidt recently told the Washington Post, speaking of former Alaska Gov. Palin. Schmidt said that the film is "the true story" of what happened over the course of ten weeks. ................. Nicole Wallace has also said pretty much the same thing.She actually couldn't bring herself to even vote in the election.She was that worried about the pick herself and has admitted that on more than one interview.I am not hating on her but just saying she was definitely over her head and candidates should definitely be vetted for more than five days.

Steve Schmidt himself has defended "Game Change" and been critical of his own decisions on the McCain-Palin campaign. "I regret playing a part in a process that yielded someone on the ticket who was not prepared to be president," Schmidt recently told the Washington Post, speaking of former Alaska Gov. Palin. Schmidt said that the film is "the true story" of what happened over the course of ten weeks. ................. Nicole Wallace has also said pretty much the same thing.She actually couldn't bring herself to even vote in the election.She was that worried about the pick herself and has admitted that on more than one interview.I am not hating on her but just saying she was definitely over her head and candidates should definitely be vetted for more than five days.

do you know why the movie aired this week?

Yeah, so Hollywood lefties air a hit job against Palin that reconfirms all the assumptions that liberals have drawn about her over the years - anybody surprised? Shades of Oliver Stone's "JFK". As for Steve Schmidt - he was John McCain’s campaign strategist, who has tried repeatedly to deflect blame for his horrid efforts in 2008 by blaming Palin. As the major source in the book he justified her good performances in the campaign (and she had plenty) by claiming she did it by borrowing some genius from…Steve Schmidt. Same for Wallace.

UPDATE: Oh, by the way - rumors abound that HBO is suffering a massive wave of cancellations this week, what with the backlash against Bill Maher and this hit job movie. A couple of anecdotes via Glenn Reynolds:

“Please don’t use my name as I’m in the entertainment biz, but I called Direct TV last night and cancelled HBO. The operator told me they have had a TON of calls. He tried to negotiate with me and offer me HBO for 5 bucks for a year. That kind of great deal can only come from on high, but I still passed.”

And reader Doug Jordan writes: “Glenn, I cancelled HBO on Wednesday. The rep asked me why and I said 'Cost and political content.’ He asked: 'Bill Maher?’ “Yep.” (Should have added 'Game Change.’) Clearly, he had heard Bill Maher as a reason for cancellation recently. This was the Cox Cable operation in Fairfax County, VA. I have a conservative friend in Galveston who also cancelled HBO within the last few months and gave political content as the reason.”

Rush can't be fired because he owns his business, but Maher works directly for somebody and he can be dumped. I've let HBO loose this week, anybody else?

Sadly, I'm one of the nimrods who end up subsidizing these HBO political hit jobs. If only Game of

Thrones, and Boardwalk Empire weren't so damn addictive. Damn you, HBO! :o (New season of GoT starts April 1st. :th:)

(Did you notice the former 'stars' who played in hit piece? All Lefty has beens. Woody Harrelson? Please. I'm surprised he was able to drag himself out of his ganja induced haze to do this hit piece. That stoner hasn't done anything meaningful since 'Cheers'. :o)

Supreme irony that those that were so concerned about Palin being one shot away from the presidency elected Obama.

dont upset the lefties pointing out she was and still is more qualified.......they get all upset whan you point that fact out.

btw in my opinion she inst qualifed........

Supreme irony that those that were so concerned about Palin being one shot away from the presidency elected Obama.

And we're stuck with Bumblin Joe Biden one heart beat away from being the most powerful man on the Planet.

It was a better movie then I expected, and I thought it treated McCain and Palin quite well. I haven't read the book so can't say whether it follows the book closely or not.

They did a seamless job of fitting archival footage into the sequences with actors and actresses.

"Another leftwing hit job." No, Ms. Palin was a bad choice for the general election, just as things that made her bad were so endearing to the base. The criticisms of Obama voiced in the script were all criticisms I've seen here. None of the characters were made to seem stupid, and all of them were passionate and devoted to McCain. The sad truth is that Obama was the anti-Bush, as far away on the political spectrum as you can get, and McCain had what I think was an inevitable uphill fight to not be Bush and still be Republican. At the same time, his air of rationality and - worse, thoughtful,temperamental moderation (oh, the horror!) left much of the GOP faithful cold. Gov. Palin fed them what they wanted. This election is beginning to shape up the same, with a thoughtful businessman executive being despised by his base and harassed by religious mistrust that he doesn't deserve, while Rick Santorum gets the crowd up and roaring with his rantings (contraception is a gateway sin, the Democrats would love to have that to run against.)

Prefer Biden to Palin? Absolutely.

Ms. Palin is not a fool, but her conduct since the last election vindicates the complaint that she's addicted to her political celebrity and not really interested in serious politics. If she were, she'd've been down in the lower 48 since the election, getting the education, political and otherwise, that she lacked the last time around. She's young enough, so she could have a second act if she wanted to.