Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Firinne

2012 Phila. Flower Show "Hawaii"...........pictures

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Nice Sarge. I loved my 2 weeks on Oahu. Such a beautiful place to be. Great pics. I can smell the Plumeria every time I think about Lanikai. :)

We went last Sunday when the show opened. Lots of interesting plants and ideas. The miniture rock gardens and the Bonsai tree displays were pretty cool too.

Nice Sarge. I loved my 2 weeks on Oahu. Such a beautiful place to be. Great pics. I can smell the Plumeria every time I think about Lanikai. :)

You wouldn't like it right now. Real bad weather going on. Huge hail storm, 4 feet of rain since Thursday. WIdespread flooding. Not a pretty picture.

Thanks for the pics, Bob. Now I don't have to go. :D

The theme of the flower show in Hawaii is Philly.

They hired a bunch of badly dressed fat people to shout obscenities at black people.

racist post reported, you effing canadien. :mad:

We are going for 2 weeks next year Mokes for our 25th anniversary and that is part of the reason I was looking forward to this show. I definitely want to see Pearl Harbor as part of the trip!

Bo, my wife has 3-4 orchids and they really are beautiful plants, she gained a lot of info this year on pruning and caring for them. Animal, I agree with you on the bonsai tree's..........amazing works of arts. If I would have checked my camera bag before I left I would of noticed I forgot my other SD card. Ran out of memory before we saw them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie12 View Post

isnt that an celtic/irish gravemarker?

Bernard, Celtic Crosses were not used for tombstones until the mid 19-th century. In the early middle ages, they were used as monuments in Ireland. How are ya doing btw!! We'll have to talk some baseball soon, looks gloomy again for the Mutts!

We are going for 2 weeks next year Mokes for our 25th anniversary and that is part of the reason I was looking forward to this show. I definitely want to see Pearl Harbor as part of the trip!

Bo, my wife has 3-4 orchids and they really are beautiful plants, she gained a lot of info this year on pruning and caring for them. Animal, I agree with you on the bonsai tree's..........amazing works of arts. If I would have checked my camera bag before I left I would of noticed I forgot my other SD card. Ran out of memory before we saw them.

Yeah....I love it there. I really want to go back, but my wife is too scared to fly. Her father stays there every year for the winter and we are invited to house sit for 2 weeks on Kailua Beach next year. Free. Free beach house in Hawaii and the wife says no, lol. :confused:

Bernard, Celtic Crosses were not used for tombstones until the mid 19-th century. In the early middle ages, they were used as monuments in Ireland. 

How are ya doing btw!! We'll have to talk some baseball soon, looks gloomy again for the Mutts!

what would it be doing at an Hawaiian show?

Nice! My wife has a piece of her artwork displayed there as part of the Hawaiian exhibit. She volunteers at the National Tropical Botanical Gardens, which is a contributing Hawaiian entity at the Philly show. The gardens are on Kaua'i.

Nice! My wife has a piece of her artwork displayed there as part of the Hawaiian exhibit. She volunteers at the National Tropical Botanical Gardens, which is a contributing Hawaiian entity at the Philly show. The gardens are on Kaua'i.

That's cool. :th::)