Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tony44

You Guys Kill Me...

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

with your bold talk of how great Obama is doing. Do you remember last November when you were saying the same thing? Even with this "great economy", it still sucks. You can blame it on Bush all you want. When push comes to shove, this November there WILL be another Republican rout. Just because your main stream media paints the picture they do, does not mean that is how the people of America feel. Gas prices are soaring, taxes are still in a shamble, you are not better off than you were 3 years ago and Wall Street is doing well thanks to "evil" republicans. And, when the Occutards start their BS up again your true colors will shine bright for the world to see. Have a great weekend.

I'm gonna pull a Joe Nameth here and guarantee a Republican win in the White House and they will also pick up more Senate seats. And when they do I'm coming back on this board and I'm gonna float about it. So, my friends on the left, enjoy the spring striper season because the fall run is gonna be painful!:)

I'm not better off than I was three years ago? Really? Thanks...Sometimes perception is reality and my perception (and tax filings) tell me you're wrong, but thanks for letting me know. :th::th:

Right Wing desperation is taking over,

I think they assumed they'd pin the economy on the Dems and it would mean a victory,

but ONLY the partisans felt that way.

The smart ones knew better,

which is why all the good candidates stayed away this time,

and the field was filled with the likes of Newt, Santorum, and Bachmann.

I see November from my front door.

I see November from my house. And the skinny one is going to be run out. He is a disaster and a failure in all he has touched (OBL aside). He has driven people OUT of the workforce and the numbers reflect it. Romney will make the failed Messiah look like the fool he is.

I see November from my house. And the skinny one is going to be run out. He is a disaster and a failure in all he has touched (OBL aside). He has driven people OUT of the workforce and the numbers reflect it. Romney will make the failed Messiah look like the fool he is.

Please do tell us how he has driven people out of the workforce. Our economy has changed. Businesses have learned to get more production with fewer people. You should be applauding the private sector for their ingenuity and for helping the stock market with their highly profitable tactics, not blaming the President

Please do tell us how he has driven people out of the workforce. Our economy has changed. Businesses have learned to get more production with fewer people. You should be applauding the private sector for their ingenuity and for helping the stock market with their highly profitable tactics, not blaming the President

Have you seen the ad campaigns for food stamps?

Have you seen the ad campaigns for food stamps?

Yes, things are tough, just not as tough as they were three years ago.

The OP told me I'm not better off today than three years ago; I beg to differ and I'm not and have never been a food stamp recipient.

You are cheerleading for a man who believes (witnessed by his actions) that food stamps and such "programs" are not assistance to the needy, but rather entitlements that rightfully correct the "imbalance" in income levels among Americans. He is actively seeking to grow the government, and doing it in the last 3 years by borrowing staggering sums of money.

I can't vote for more of that.

I don't want to either. Sadly, the Republican field isn't giving me a reasonable choice. And based on past performance, the Republicans have only provided us with lip service when it comes to the issue of deficit reduction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamakatsu View Post

the Republicans have only provided us with lip service when it comes to the issue of deficit reduction.

c'mon,

you mean cutting taxes while declaring war won't pay off the debt?

Hamlet,

But wait, but wait!!!! Wasn't W roundly criticized by some right on this site for being a "borrow and spend" Republican? He was. And, truth to tell, people were quite correct to criticize him as such. But, today, Mr. Marxist in the White House, gets a pass from the same people. Our debt has become non-sustainable and it has gone up by at least 1/4 in the three plus years the failed Messiah has been in office.

FnM and Gami, here is just one article which explains it too you. I could google 100 more. Notice it is from the Washington Post and while it was December, nothing much has changed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/wonkbook-the-real-unemployment-rate-is-11-percent/2011/12/12/gIQAuctPpO_blog.html

And I've been calling him names which he has roundly deserved since he was elected. I could call him a lot worse. I've been restrained in the names I have called him.

I don't want to either. Sadly, the Republican field isn't giving me a reasonable choice. And based on past performance, the Republicans have only provided us with lip service when it comes to the issue of deficit reduction.

You will also be voting for a man who will pack the Supremes with more Elena Kagan's, who hold to theories that the law must actually favor certain sectors of society to be fair.

No more blind justice... it's now using the bench to direct personal opinions of how society "needs" to change.

You will also be voting for a racist. I can't vote for that.

You will also be voting for more bowing to foreign kings. I can't vote for more of that.

You will also be voting for a man who has put lending to students into the camp of Federal Entitlements, and is now using selective forgiveness to favor his personal opinions. This includes forgiving Fed loans to students UNLESS they paid tuition at religious with those loans... then they must pay back. I can't vote for more of that blatant favoritism.

You will be voting for a man who intends to keep manipulating our currency... and thereby transfer your savings into the pockets of the people he has distributed his cash to... like his union supporters. I can't vote for that.

You will be voting for a man who thinks our schools are poor because not enough money is being spent. I can't vote for that.

Knight unemployment is bad,

and while I don't have detailed studies to support it,

my gut says the increase in unemployment is a more important factor driving up the debt than increased spending is,

unemployment increases turn tax payers into benefit collectors.

that's a bad thing.

no doubt.

what right wingers need to decide is whether it's the Presidents fault (which they say when it's convenient to bash him)

or if it's free market forces moving jobs over seas (which they are happy about at other times)

Knight unemployment is bad,

and while I don't have detailed studies to support it,

my gut says the increase in unemployment is a more important factor driving up the debt than increased spending is,

unemployment increases turn tax payers into benefit collectors.

that's a bad thing.

no doubt.

what right wingers need to decide is whether it's the Presidents fault (which they say when it's convenient to bash him)

or if it's free market forces moving jobs over seas (which they are happy about at other times)

Never happy about jobs moving overseas. But you have to ask yourself, why do these jobs get moved? Do you believe that CEOs are saying "Yeah, today, I just think I will move many jobs overseas and layoff a bunch of Americans!!!!, Yuk, yuk, yuk!!!"

Companies are driven by profits as you well know and so if the cost analysis says Amalgamated Widgets can make more money with plants in Malyasia(?) off it will go. Now, why is moving there more profitable? Less government rules and regulations? lower taxes? less expense for physical plant? less in pay and benefits? A combination of all of them?

So what would make the CEO want to stay or at least be less anxious to leave? How about getting the government out of the way, reducing some of the rules and regulations, lowering taxes, lowering expense for physical plant, lowering salaries and benefits? And the government doesn't have to really do a thing but lessen its size, scope and reach. So less companies leave, more employment, more taxes coming in and everybody is happy.

Government creates the climate to create business and jobs. IMO, less government = more private sector jobs.