Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Winch

Is this the first death of the year?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

27-Year-Old Man Goes Missing, Authorities Conduct Search

He had made statements about going rock climbing and camping overnight at a secluded beach in Pacifica, and on Wednesday, his vehicle was found parked in a residential area near the Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica, police said.

San Bruno police today are asking for the public's help in finding a 27-year-old man who was reported missing earlier this week.

Joseph McHenry was reported missing on Monday after last being seen at his home in San Bruno on March 2, according to police.

McHenry had made statements about going rock climbing and camping overnight at a secluded beach in Pacifica, and on Wednesday, his vehicle was found parked in a residential area near the Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica, police said.

Investigators believe the vehicle was parked there between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. on March 2.

San Bruno and Pacifica police, the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office, the National Park Service and the U.S. Coast Guard have conducted an extensive two-day search of the water, beaches, and cliffs in the area but have not found McHenry, police said.

Anyone with information about his whereabouts is urged to call San

Bruno police at (650) 616-7100.

getting down to that beach without a rope is a death wish, and rock climbing? you half to scale down the dirt cliffs to get to any rock.. pacifica is like a mecca for ****** that apparently wanna lose their life in the ocean.

Sadly it seems that the area between Mori's and Rockaway is seeing more and more foot traffic every day thanks to the GGNRA. People with no experience or idea on how dangerous these area's can be are climbing up the cliff and exploring. If this keeps up the area will get the "no humans" allowed that lands end got in the city.

Reguardless you will hit a freak wave at least once during the incoming tide and if he climbed out on a rock. he is gone and this time of year may be swept out to sea!

getting down to that beach without a rope is a death wish, and rock climbing? you half to scale down the dirt cliffs to get to any rock.. pacifica is like a mecca for ****** that apparently wanna lose their life in the ocean.

Wait so your calling me a ******? Look if you understand where your fishing and fully get what is dangerous and wear the proper clothing it can be relatively safe. Stupid is what stupid does and I have known guys that have died fishing beach area's also. These people do not belong in such situations, they are ill prepared for the situations that can rise in such places. The sad fact is the rock fishermen are a very limited group now a days and I'm seeing guys with foot wear that should not be worn in such area's. This Cliff hiking comes from closers of area's that were easy to climb like lands end. They still want to get in touch with the wild. So they end up between Rockaway and Mori's ill-prepared for what they face.

No not you winch, nor any of the other fisherman here that are familiar with our coast line. I am talking about joe blow that doesn't know what they are getting into. Like the dumb dumbs that think rock climbing at devils slide is a good idea. Some people just don't have any common sense. Hell I know a guy named tom that failed to listen to the advice of one of my buddies and ended up at the bottom of that cliff breaking half the bones in his body and getting air lifted out. You just gotta have common sense and think.