Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldgoat

Nauset Island standoff

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Well as I understand it the head of the National Seashore park, Mr George Price Jr.has his undies in a bunch because the town of Chatham requires a beach sticker for motorized equipment to cross town beach to get to Seashore land to knock down ---beautiful--- camps because Mr Price thinks that they are in danger.

The camp owners that rent on the Seashore property feel the camps are fine.

The labors that should have gone by boat can't get there because the local boatmen have quit there livery job.

Iguess that Ryders cove landing is out of the question so that the contractor has to travel by water from Orleans to Nauset Island to work.

As soon as the plovers show up to nest all work must stop

*****SO***** tHIS SHOULD KEEP US ENTERTAINED UNTILL BASS SEASON*****

I can see his point OG, best get those houses down quickly before the seas take 'em and someone stubs their big toe on beach shack flotsam and jetsum. ;)

they've (the feds) got nothing better to do when the birds are down south being harvested. otherwise, they'd be shooting sea gulls or crows for fun.

Many of those camps have already been lost and the rest are one storm away from total destruction. Honestly though, it seems like a silly battle as everyone knows sooner or later those camps will be gone. I say make them the residents sign waivers and let them ride it out....

I think the campers are mad because all they got was a thirty day notice and Mr. Price never bothered to get any of the required permits. Kinda p##sed off the townies.

I guess they already have a God

Why would the feds care what a bunch of provincial Cape Codders think? I have always found the federal government to act before thinking, and when it is pointed out, they dig in.