Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nipsip

Typical Romney Move

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Yet another missed opportunity. IMO, Romney is just plain uncomfortable around regular people and when he is put into a situation where he actually has to connect with the average American, he cannot do it.

"A Romney campaign spokesman tells The Boston Globe the former Massachusetts governor used a private Registry of Motor Vehicles VIP office Wednesday to renew his license, avoiding the lines, long waits and aggravation usually associated with the agency."

If he had really wanted to connect, what's a better way than to get your license renewed like ordinary Americans and talk with them while you do it.

On the other hand, what better way to reinforce the notion that you are the 0.1%?

Yet another missed opportunity. IMO, Romney is just plain uncomfortable around regular people and when he is put into a situation where he actually has to connect with the average American, he cannot do it.

"A Romney campaign spokesman tells The Boston Globe the former Massachusetts governor used a private Registry of Motor Vehicles VIP office Wednesday to renew his license, avoiding the lines, long waits and aggravation usually associated with the agency."

If he had really wanted to connect, what's a better way than to get your license renewed like ordinary Americans and talk with them while you do it.

On the other hand, what better way to reinforce the notion that you are the 0.1%?

Looks like someone is complaining Romney is smarter then they are.

Yup, if he had showed up with the masses, the complaint would be how he is disrupting day to day activities and he should have used the service and cause less problems.

I don't agree. This is just another left wing stretch to discredit Romney.

I saw a segment on CNN today (unfortunately the channel they chose at work) where they bashed Romney because he said his favorite midnight snack was Honey Nut Cheerios...(I guess when you're desparate, you'll search for anything...LOL)

I would think a guy running for POTUS has a pretty tight schedule. So he gets someone to speed up the process of getting his licence renued? So what? Like a fellow poster remarked, if he had stood in line and slowed the process down for everyone else, THAT would have cost him with whatever blog was looking to smear him. I don't care if this was Obama, Newt, or anybody in the race. This is a complete non-story and issue IMO. Missed a chance to bond with people in line at the DMV? LOL, really? I've always found that to be such a pleasant place for **** chat. :D

This thread shoud be titled "Typical Nipsip Move" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The desparation of the left is pure comedy sometimes.

don't worry

in a few years, just like the rest of us, Romney will be going to a public Motor Vehicle office so he can sign up for Obamacare.

don't worry

in a few years, just like the rest of us, Romney will be going to a public Motor Vehicle office so he can sign up for Obamacare.

And this country's theme song will be a slower, more somber version of Back in the USSR - fortunately, Obamacare (or Obama being president) is a longshot at best:-)

This thread shoud be titled "Typical Nipsip Move" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The desparation of the left is pure comedy sometimes.

Throwing Media Matters talking points effluent at the wall, hoping something will eventually stick, isn't much of a campaign tactic, but, like all Simian antics, it is highly amusing. :laugh:

Yep.  And all the bigwig Dems wait in line at the RMV also.  I can see Obama, Biden, Clinton, etc. all taking a number and having a seat.  kooky.gif

And if Romney had shown up at the RMV with his secret service detail and the hoardes of reporters, the wait time at that branch would have been quadrupled (at least).  Total circus.  And the cameras interview the poor irate people who went there on their lunch break to renew their licenses and weren't able to do so and their license expired that day and tomorrow they're gonna get arrested for driving without a license.  And Romney did this deliberately to gain political points when he could have gotten special treatement (like longcaster said)

cmon.  this is a pathetic troll.

I would think a guy running for POTUS has a pretty tight schedule. So he gets someone to speed up the process of getting his licence renued? So what? Like a fellow poster remarked, if he had stood in line and slowed the process down for everyone else, THAT would have cost him with whatever blog was looking to smear him. I don't care if this was Obama, Newt, or anybody in the race. This is a complete non-story and issue IMO. Missed a chance to bond with people in line at the DMV? LOL, really? I've always found that to be such a pleasant place for **** chat. :D[/quote

Let the libs whine. Secret service made the call. As noted, if he had gone in to rmv, the secret service detail and procedures would have shut the place down for awhile and they'd be whining about that...