Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HugeDinghy

anyone hitting the sweetwater yet?

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

I am behind schedule...waiting for my motor to get out of the shop otherwise i would have been out for a while LMB'n and chasing pike..

anyone else are are we generally just waiting for the salt?

I like to get out earlier than this on the ponds as well, depending on the severity of the winter, but have not wet a line yet this season, despite the great weather. :(

Looks like it will blow a bit this weekend, so that may likely keep the boat or yak off the water, but I plan to take a few casts in the waders. Typically I like to shoot for the first week in March to have a little bass thumb, but have caught fish in the last week of Feb b4.

anytime as long as it isnt trout waters...even then, i am not sure on the regs in terms of if you can fish but not target the trout....

i generally fish some ponds on my BIL's farm and go after pike....

only thing I miss about living in CT is the spring on the CT river...pike as soon as ice out and that would transition right into the spring striper run....

No season for LMB or SMB. If you keep them for some reason ( don't know why u would since they taste like mud to me) there are size and possession limits.

However, ( off the top of my head) you can't fish designated trout ponds from the begnining of March till opening day in the second weekend of April.

Need your freshwater license also.

DEM lists all the relevant info on it's website for you.