*edited

Rate this topic

BjcTogger

(*Edited - this is why we don't allow new members to buy or sell here :) They refuse to read the rules or guidelines. You seem like a good dude, please read the Guidelines - and before you get yourself removed for buying or selling via PM, read the BST Forum rules - thanks :th: TimS)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BjcTogger View Post

(*Edited - this is why we don't allow new members to buy or sell here :) They refuse to read the rules or guidelines. You seem like a good dude, please read the Guidelines - and before you get yourself removed for buying or selling via PM, read the BST Forum rules - thanks :th: TimS)

I can respect that thanks!  I didnt know how to post in BST and thought any forum was the way. I never saw the BST rules until now and i thought my 7 days were over :p   This site is very addicting! 

I also read that no PM is allowed in BST forums.  How come I see it all the time?

I also read that no PM is allowed in BST forums.  How come I see it all the time?

Read it again :) It doesn't say no PM is allowed in BST Forums - it says no buying, selling or soliciting via PM. After you buy something by posting in the for sale thread, then you can PM to exchange address/payment information :)

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimS View Post

Read it again smile.gif It doesn't say no PM is allowed in BST Forums - it says no buying, selling or soliciting via PM. After you buy something by posting in the for sale thread, then you can PM to exchange address/payment information smile.gif

TimS

Oh, so one must start a thread or reply to a thread instead of just randomly PM'ing others for a sale?

Oh, so one must start a thread or reply to a thread instead of just randomly PM'ing others for a sale?

The idea here is that all things in the BST must take place on threads out in the open. ONCE a deal is done and accepted by both parties, PMs are allowed to have the buyer and seller make arrangements for shipping address, payment, etc. as Tim posted above. But all offers, counter offers, price negotiations, etc, must take place on the thread in public, not via PMs

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve in Mass View Post

The idea here is that all things in the BST must take place on threads out in the open. ONCE a deal is done and accepted by both parties, PMs are allowed to have the buyer and seller make arrangements for shipping address, payment, etc. as Tim posted above. But all offers, counter offers, price negotiations, etc, must take place on the thread in public, not via PMs

Thanks for clarifying this.