Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dinhdinh

regripping mojo

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

hey i just got an used mojo of local guy. and the handle is fine, wanted to do something to it that make it unique. i went to surf day and remeber seeing at century booth/stand a rod that a customer had built where he used orings under the flock. 

so i want that done on the mojo rod, so two question came up:

how can i go about doing this myself?

OR

who locally will be able to do this and how soon? with a different color x-flock? i am local to south jersey (cherry hill-deptford)

should i post this in new jersey forum or this is the right place?

it is a fairly easy diy 

get the materials: proper orings, shrink, 3m 77 Spray Adhesive, a heat gun... mark the blank where u want the orings to be and put em there, hit it with 3m 77 (light and even spray, no lumps, if too much whip with brush) then  slip the shrink wrap up and shrink down with heat gun, clean any 77 with 91%alcohol  and leave it   you are ready to rock. you can use masking tape to make cleanup easy but if you are neat and apply the 77 lightly it really isnt needed.

i have done a couple with the orings under shrink. personally i think it looks better with shrink that doesn't have the x pattern.

Sliding those over the seat and onto the blank might be a pain if you want them to fit tightly .I would go with the quick grip shrink if you don't want the X pattern.