Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Free Lead White River Junction, VT

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I'm doing a job up here in WRJ and have some lead from an old Xray room. Comes in a large sheet. About 1/8" thick. Around 60lbs worth. Can split it up to a few people just need to bring a cordless sawzall with metal blade to cut it. Send a pm if interested.

It would normally take me about 2 hours to get to WRJ, and I might have to think about it. It'd be more like 12 hours tonight and for the next week, I'm in southern VA. So I guess I'll pass. biggrin.gif

Good deal for somebody.

Dang... I bet that would be purer lead too, none of that light-weight wheel-weight alloy lead. Even for purer lead VT is too far away. Thanks for thew offer though.

I'm home in Boston next weekend. If no takers this weekend up here in Vermont I'll extend the offer in the Mass forum.

Hey Riddler! Head to the confluence of the White and Connecticut rivers. Walleye are in. Yummmmmmmmm.

I make my own soft plastics and pour my own heads, but I use pewter, a lot less lead and a lot safer to work with.

If no one wants it, I wouldn't be surprised if you could bring it to Evergreen metal recycling in Wilder, and get some $ for it (though not sure if they take/buy lead)

I may have time one of these evenings to join you. Check H2Ohotline.com for water flows, Wilder Dam. If it's low (700 CFS), bring your waders and from the south side, walk out to the island that has formed below the railroad bridge. A few good spots can be fished from the Island. If you go from the North side, you will find a steep 6' bank and a few people. No one has fished from the island yet this year that I have seen.

Thanks for the tip. I was fishing the stretch below the wilder dam all week for the fist walleye of the year....Chunky critters! Lost my smith sunglasses somewhere along the trail after the holder fell off one side. Went back this evening looking to no avail. Found out today my non-resident Vermont license will not let me fish the NH side...I also found out that my non-resident Vermont license will not let me fish the CT river by kayak. Have to buy a NH license non resident lic. now...sad. lol

I'm just looking to pass off the lead to anglers who fish the salt. I pour my own jig heads so none of this will go to waste if there are no takers.