Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plugmeister

CT Togs new info

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Seems the fed fish folks have announced that they made an error in their tog calculations. (I'm not kidding.) What is now called for is a 37% reduction, not 53%. Supposedly they will be announcing new regulation options soon. Amazing, ain't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by plugmeister View Post

Seems the fed fish folks have announced that they made an error in their tog calculations. (I'm not kidding.) What is now called for is a 37% reduction, not 53%. Supposedly they will be announcing new regulation options soon. Amazing, ain't it?

Hey I am pretty much new to the whole togging thing but have been fishing for them for 2 years about.Im not sure whats going on with the tautog season, but can you elaborate what the (37%) and (53%) reductions are coming from and is the (37%) better or worst than (53%)?

they ASMFC sets the regs each state has to abide by with regards to the species that are managed coastwide.... blackfish being one of them. the most recent date 9well, second-most recent data....) said they were overfished in CT last year and we were looking at a 53% reduction in the amount of fish allowed to be taken recreatinally. thats why theres NO Spring season...... until the NEW data (the "most recent" data, that is) showed that we didn't overfish them by as much as previously thought. SO>>>> we'll have some reduction in season/limits, but its not clear as to exactly what it'll be just yet; shouldn't be as drastic as before though.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobber View Post

they ASMFC sets the regs each state has to abide by with regards to the species that are managed coastwide.... blackfish being one of them. the most recent date 9well, second-most recent data....) said they were overfished in CT last year and we were looking at a 53% reduction in the amount of fish allowed to be taken recreatinally. thats why theres NO Spring season...... until the NEW data (the "most recent" data, that is) showed that we didn't overfish them by as much as previously thought. SO>>>> we'll have some reduction in season/limits, but its not clear as to exactly what it'll be just yet; shouldn't be as drastic as before though.....

Thanks for the info. I wonder how they do all the calculations with the remaining fish and not knowing how many taken in the season. Hopefully they let us survive with some summer season togging but they need more DEC's because too many ***holes are taking more than fish limit and less what they're supposed to be by inches. It sickens me but those days will come when those dumb***es are caught. Keep me posted here when they make a decision on the tog regulations. Thanks

Thanks for the info. I wonder how they do all the calculations with the remaining fish and not knowing how many taken in the season. Hopefully they let us survive with some summer season togging but they need more DEC's because too many ***holes are taking more than fish limit and less what they're supposed to be by inches. It sickens me but those days will come when those dumb***es are caught. Keep me posted here when they make a decision on the tog regulations. Thanks

Did you report the '''''' holes that were keeping shorts or who were over the limit ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadingjohn View Post

Did you report the '''''' holes that were keeping shorts or who were over the limit ?

Beach officials told me they were reported to them by others. I never came across anyone doing so and never have but will do if I see.