Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frank15

Email Pictures

16 posts in this topic

10. A clear asking price or listed with some options for items you would be willing to trade for your item. "Best offer" sales are not allowed unless they have an asking price as well - "email if interested" sales are not allowed - "PM if interested" sales are not allowed - "email for details" posts are not allowed - you are trying to sell it using this forum, post all the relevant information in your thread please. All sales made through this forum should be as transparent as possible in order to be as fair as possible to everyone.

Can someone clear this up for me ? I see some sellers sending pictures of the item that they are selling to buyers personal email addresses. Is this a violation of rule #10 ? How fair can this be.. I don't think its fair when buyers request pictures of the item through their email address where only that buyer can see the item. and have 1st shot of buying that item.. Even if three buyers request pictures, the seller can choose who he wants to send pictures to, and delaying sending pictures to everyone else. so the person he wants to sell to can give an "I'll take it" 1st. Or pick who he wants to sell to. Not giving others a fair chance.. I thought that all transactions must be done in the open, encluding pictures. Can someone explain this.

You know... I rather think you have a good point. Not sure why it's so difficult for folks to post photos in the thread and I do agree it puts others at a disadvantage.

I agree, this is not fair... If you can send a picture through your e-mail, why can't it be posted here..

I know that Tim and his staff will look into this unfair matter...:)

I agree, this is not fair... If you can send a picture through your e-mail, why can't it be posted here..

I know that Tim and his staff will look into this unfair matter...:)

I would think.....if one has the ability to email pics why not just upload the to the thread?

I should have just said I agree with you. :D

Good point. But I can say this from experience with the new platform, its a giant pain in the ass to try and post pictures from some of the smart phones. And unfortunately as technology advances the use of smart phones is becoming more popular then using your home computer to surf the web.

Now I can't speak for the tablets or Iphone or the Ipad but posting pictures with my Droid just sucks.

But it is a very good point.

Good point. But I can say this from experience with the new platform, its a giant pain in the ass to try and post pictures from some of the smart phones. And unfortunately as technology advances the use of smart phones is becoming more popular then using your home computer to surf the web.

Now I can't speak for the tablets or Iphone or the Ipad but posting pictures with my Droid just sucks.

But it is a very good point.

I think it all boils down to this Derrick. I still haven't figured out how to post a pic from the iPad or iPhone....not even sure if its possible. I think that more and more folks are getting away from PCs and laptops altogether, and just going with a phone and/or tablet. That would certainly explain it....or they're just too lazy to figure it out.

I do agree that sending pics via email only opens the door to behind the scene deals.

I think it all boils down to this Derrick. I still haven't figured out how to post a pic from the iPad or iPhone....not even sure if its possible. I think that more and more folks are getting away from PCs and laptops altogether, and just going with a phone and/or tablet. That would certainly explain it....or they're just too lazy to figure it out.

I do agree that sending pics via email only opens the door to behind the scene deals.

To post a picture from my Droid, when I hit the picture icon I tell it to use a image from my computer and the images on my phone opens up with all my pictures, I just click on one and it loads it. Probably the same with the Iphone or Ipad.

Problem is many times it won't let me click on the picture icon.

Not on iPhone or iPad Derrick. When you click the image butting there is a prompt to "enter the image URL."

Bob, no I haven't tried that but have seen others use photobucket. I'm going to look into it today. Thanks!! You have become my " IT guy.". From now on I'll just PM you directly....Xbox, photo uploading, etc :)

I think email pictures doesn't violate the term, but accepting an agreement via email is.

Depends on how you look at it.

You can email someone the pictures but then post on the thread accepting the terms should be fine. But replying that email saying to accept it then to find out someone takes the time from the board will create a problem.

You figure by now people would know how to post pictures. I see more & more ( send me your e-mail, give me your phone number ansd I'll text you the pictures, ) I just don't get it... sorry nothing is being done in the open...And it has nothing to do with this format..... Look at the % of threads, and its only here in the BST for some reason pictures can't be posted....Look at the first five pages of the BST how many threads don't have pictures.