Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Israel vs. Iran ... The USA, And Under The Table Deals

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

blah blah blah

US offered Israel advanced weaponry in exchange for delaying Iran attack: report

Last Updated: 8:24 AM, March 8, 2012

Posted: 6:48 AM, March 8, 2012

WASHINGTON -- The US offered to give Israel advanced weaponry -- including bunker-busting bombs and refueling planes -- in exchange for Israel's agreement not to attack Iranian nuclear sites, Israeli newspaper Maariv reported Thursday.

President Obama reportedly made the offer during Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu's visit to Washington this week.

Under the proposed deal, Israel would not attack Iran until 2013, after US elections in November this year. The newspaper cited unnamed Western diplomatic and intelligence sources.

Netanyahu said Monday that sanctions against Iran had not worked, adding that "none of us can afford to wait much longer" in taking action against Iran's controversial nuclear program.

However, Netanyahu told FOX News Channel on Wednesday that he did not think war with Iran was inevitable. He added that the only way to deter Tehran was to advocate carrying out a serious military strike against the Islamic Republic.

"The paradox is that if they actually believe that they are going to face the military option, then you probably will not need the military option," Netanyahu said.

The US also believes there is still a "window of opportunity" for the dispute to be resolved diplomatically.

Obama told reporters during a White House news conference Tuesday that the US would apply pressure to Iran, "even as we provide a door for the Iranian regime to walk through" to prove its nuclear program is peaceful.

The President had met Netanyahu in the Oval Office the day before, where he reaffirmed his "unprecedented commitment" to Israel's security in the Middle East.

On Thursday, Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei welcomed Obama's support for finding a diplomatic solution to the Iranian crisis.

"This talk is good talk and shows an exit from illusion," AFP reported Khamenei as saying, citing the leader's website. However, Khamenei criticised the continued imposition of international sanctions against Iran.

"The US president continued saying that he wants to make the Iranian people kneel through sanctions, this part of this speech shows the continuation of illusion in this issue," he said.

A statement issued Thursday on behalf of the so-called P5+1 countries -- the US, UK, France, Russia, China and Germany -- urged Iran to enter into a "serious dialogue" and "without pre-conditions" on its nuclear program.

The statement was issued at a meeting of the UN atomic agency in Vienna. "We call on Iran to enter, without pre-conditions, into a sustained process of serious dialogue, which will produce concrete results," it said.

On Tuesday, the P5+1 countries accepted an offer from Iran's chief nuclear negotiator to resume talks.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/attack_offered_israel_advanced_weaponry_vJzadL8Qw5XoQ7akSRO9yK#ixzz1oYItm4pZ

3 billion dollars plus 'aid' per year, and that still wasn't enough. The Israelis had to nickel and dime us for additional money. With 'friends' like the Israelis, who the muck needs enemies? :dismay:

Bribing the Israeli's not to attack Iran until after the election is reprehensible. If that was the goal, then just threaten to turn off, or tighten, the 'aid' spigot. No additional blackmail payoffs should have been necessary. How the Israeli military machine has the chutzpah to take our money, and then tell us to go to Hell, drives me ballistic. I say cut the leeches off. Let them do as they wish, but not on our dimes. :mad:

Under the proposed deal, Israel would not attack Iran until 2013, after US elections in November this year. The newspaper cited unnamed Western diplomatic and intelligence sources.

]

That says it all. Obama can't be bothered by this distraction to his re-election bid so he bribed them to stay out till after the election.

If re-elected he will pull his support for Israel when they do attack and if is not re-elected he won't care because it will be a republican problem.

3 billion dollars plus 'aid' per year, and that still wasn't enough. The Israelis had to nickel and dime us for additional money. With 'friends' like the Israelis, who the muck needs enemies? :dismay:

Bribing the Israeli's not to attack Iran until after the election is reprehensible. If that was the goal, then just threaten to turn off, or tighten, the 'aid' spigot. No additional blackmail payoffs should have been necessary. How the Israeli military machine has the chutzpah to take our money, and then tell us to go to Hell, drives me ballistic. I say cut the leeches off. Let them do as they wish, but not on our dimes. :mad:

I agree with everything you just typed. :th:

I agree with everything you just typed. :th:

Careful. You're leaving yourself open to the standard right wing zealot canard charge of 'anti-Semitism'. :dismay: Me, I don't care anymore. T'is like water off a ducks back. But I won't, and don't, presume to speak for you. ;)

Any 'preemptive' attack on Iran is an overt act of war, and I don't see how any reasonable person can view it as otherwise. The Iranians may be many cards short of a full deck, but the Isreali bully boys of the Middle East, aren't much better. :dismay:...:(

I saw Bibi Nutanyahoo at the AIPAC goose-stepping convention, and damn near puked my guts out. :upck: What a bunch of sanctimonious war mongers. :mad: They're going to drag us into WWIII. :scared:

I'll probably lose my Conservaive card for this , but here goes: Let Israel take care of their own business , with their own arms and money and leave us the fook out of it! They are part of the problem in the region, not part of the solution.

I'll probably lose my Conservaive card for this , but here goes: Let Israel take care of their own business , with their own arms and money and leave us the fook out of it! They are part of the problem in the region, not part of the solution.

Exactly. :clap: I'm sick & tired of being told that I'm not a 'real' 'conservative' because I won't blindly support Zionist Israel like some lick spittle, bible thumping Neo-Con. :mad: I consider myself a Paleo-Con, more in tune with the quest for fiscal sanity, and personal liberties. 'Eff all this foreign adventurism. They're all Tar Babies, one and all. :squid:

I picked up somewhere that Israel's plan - if they do attack - is that they are well aware of Iran's retaliation against them and the US

That will pull the US into the fray

and that is part of their plan

so this talk of letting them do their own thing is ludicrous ... we will be swept up in this thing much like Henryville IN was swept up in the tornado last week

NEWSMAX

Diplomats: Iran Rushing to Hide Nuclear Work

Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012 04:44 PM

Satellite images of an Iranian military facility show trucks and earth-moving vehicles at the site, indicating that crews were trying to clean it of radioactive traces possibly left by tests of a nuclear-weapon trigger, diplomats told the Associated Press on Wednesday.

Two of the diplomats said the crews may be trying to erase evidence of tests of a small neutron device used to set off a nuclear explosion. A third diplomat could not confirm that but said any attempt to trigger a so-called neutron initiator at the Parchin site could only be in the context of trying to develop nuclear arms.

The images, provided to the IAEA by member countries, are recent and constantly updated, said one of the diplomats.

The diplomats are nuclear experts accredited to the International Atomic Energy Agency, and all asked for anonymity to discuss sensitive information.

Iran is under growing international pressure over its nuclear program, which it insists is peaceful. Israel has warned that it may resort to a pre-emptive strike against Iran's nuclear facilities to prevent Tehran from obtaining atomic weapons.

The IAEA has already identified the Parchin military site as the location of suspected nuclear weapons-related testing. In a November report, it said it appeared to be the site of experiments with conventional high explosives meant to initiate a nuclear chain reaction.

It did not mention a neutron initiator as part of those tests but in a separate section cited an unnamed member nation as saying Iran may have experimented with a neutron initiator, without going into detail or naming a location for such work.

In contrast, the intelligence information shared with the AP by the two diplomats linked the high-explosives work directly to setting off a neutron initiator at Parchin.

I picked up somewhere that Israel's plan - if they do attack - is that they are well aware of Iran's retaliation against them and the US

That will pull the US into the fray

and that is part of their plan

so this talk of letting them do their own thing is ludicrous ... we will be swept up in this thing much like Henryville IN was swept up in the tornado last week

Left to do there own thing, Israel will simply turn Iran into a glass parking lot.

Not a great solution.

Left to do there own thing, Israel will simply turn Iran into a glass parking lot.

Not a great solution.

And they'll end up the back lot.

There's this neat theory called "mutually assured destruction" and an attack on that scale would in fact assure it.

Not a great solution.

if they nuke it

is that your premise?

do you really wanna see Israel nuke Iran?

c'mon

let's be real here

Not a great solution.

Nuclear war to prevent nuclear war. Now there's a conundrum. :confused: If only there was a way to turn the radical Ayatollahs and their helot zealots to molten glass, and leave the 80% normal Iranians in peace. :squid:

There's this neat theory called "mutually assured destruction" and an attack on that scale would in fact assure it.

A preemptive Israeli attack on Iran is designed to ensure that Iran never achieves the MAD doctrine. The bully boy of the Middle East doesn't want to deal with another bully. The madness is positively maddening! :rolleyes:...:kook:

Who would Nuke Israel on Iran's behalf ? Russia, China, someone in Europe??

Israel would certainly be destroyed ,but they are fully capable of destroying all the major cities in any of these countries in the blink of an eye, all of them at once if need be.

I doubt any of them are going to see their country destroyed avenging the destruction of Iran.