Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jmat321

Looking for an affordable waterproof camera

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I was going to get a GoPro Hero 2, but I didn't want another video camera to add to my collection of cameras(i have several point and shoots and DSLR).  I ended up buying a waterproof case for my Canon ELPH 300HS(approx $160).  The camera has great reviews for 1080 video quality as well as pics in low light.  I love this camera!  The waterproof case was around $60.  I plan on having the camera on a sling around my neck, but I also might put a velcro sticker on it and secure it to my jacket while fishing.  Either way, it's waterproof!  Hope it helps.  

I HAVE A KODAK EASY SHARE SPORT,THAT I BOUGHT FOR $60...FOR THE PRICE,YOU CAN'T BEAT IT...I'M GOING ON MY 2ND SEASON WITH IT.IT STAYS ON MY WADER BELT,AND I ALSO LET THE KIDS USE IT IN THE POOL! TAKES GREAT UNDERWATER PICS...

I picked up an inexpensive Kodak Playsport from Amazon for about $90, 5mp stills and video and waterproof to 30'. I didn't really need the video function, but I'm using it more than I thought I would and you can't beat the price. You need to add an SD card to it, though.

Panasonic lumix DMC ts2 or ts3 indestructible and the highest reviewed and rated waterproof point and shoot. Right around $200. My ts2 has been swimming off block Mtk and Caribbean and dropped on jetties with zero issues or maintenance. Trust me if I can't destroy it you won't. Great camera for the price

Panasonic lumix DMC ts2 or ts3 indestructible and the highest reviewed and rated waterproof point and shoot. Right around $200. My ts2 has been swimming off block Mtk and Caribbean and dropped on jetties with zero issues or maintenance. Trust me if I can't destroy it you won't. Great camera for the price

:th:

I use the Panasonic as well. No problems, and it's taken some great pics for me.

+ 1 on the Panasonics, they have lasted me forever and they were recently rated the most reliable out of all camera brands.

We've gone through 2 Olympus Stylus toughs. While both are very durable and take decent pictures, the newer version (about 2 years old) had miserable shutter lag. I don't know about the current versions though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphyslaw View Post

We've gone through 2 Olympus Stylus toughs. While both are very durable and take decent pictures, the newer version (about 2 years old) had miserable shutter lag. I don't know about the current versions though.

Yep, not a great camera for action shots, or night pics.

Got this a year ago for a trip to KW:

Olympus Stylus tough 6020, then around $240.00

Here's a few under different light that I didn't retouch, right out of the camera.

Also keep in mind posted at 100 dpi instead of 300.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3237915/width/360/height/255]

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3237918/width/360/height/269]

Olympus Stylus either the 8000 or the 6020, doesn't really matter both awesome camera. Mine is probably in the water more than on dry land, great camera and awesome image quality for cheap.

We got my daughter a Disney camera or Dora, anyway had a big rubber case and was waterproof to 25 feet took horrible pictures tho and the 14 yr old 1/2 blind lab thought it was a chew toy. The Panasonic is what the adults have been using for about 1 1/2 years now and its almost bulletproof I would say.