Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reel gambler

Rutgers looking good

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

With such a wild winter/early spring the water temps are right, and with a good wind like the next two days;) I have a funny feeling those drum are gonna chew tomorrow or fri. High tide near sunset, s in the winds and low pressure coming in fri. I say drum bite...:drool:

 

I aint even got new line on the heavers yet or a permit...

 

But I have a funny feeling they will find birds on sat after word of the bite gets out...

 

Hey NPS :moon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
With such a wild winter/early spring the water temps are right, and with a good wind like the next two days;) I have a funny feeling those drum are gonna chew tomorrow or fri. High tide near sunset, s in the winds and low pressure coming in fri. I say drum bite...:drool:

I aint even got new line on the heavers yet or a permit...

But I have a funny feeling they will find birds on sat after word of the bite gets out...

Hey NPS :moon:

 

First drum of the year were caught last friday...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just thinking abuot that........how excited I would be for these warm trend in march.....southerly winds, warm water near shore, south end of ocracoke......oh well just a mmeory for me now I guess. :( this si the first year in 10+ years ive not checked rutgers and noaa out hourly to see when it was time to make the trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can still fish the shoals/bars on the north side of the inlet. At least for now. You just can't get around into the inlet. The closure is at the same place as it has been for a few years now. But I expect them to find bird activity any day now that will shut it down.

 

Winds went north on Saturday last week. Predicted to go north tomorrow. They won't stay south through the weekend.:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short window for sure right now...

 

Hey cdog, I heard bout those fish last week too, but usually the first sprinkling of fish down there are ones and twos and lots of doggies until the water warms up to 63 or better and I guess we all know what happens then, the bite is on and the NPS finds an excuse, i mean, birds to keep people out of their recreational area.

 

John, dont let the park service get ya down...something big is in the works, just cant tell ya about it:D:D:D

 

Plug, thats why we got sick days right? I was gonna burn one today, but decided to wait a while...On a different note, you get my email Plug?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reel I hope it works out but hard to get motivated.....ive not even cleaned any gear from last season yeat.....usually id be choming at the bit....but 4$+ diesel and a permit, closed beaches....well you get the picture.

 

Plus im holind gout faint hope somehting bug happens and thins open back up again.

 

the key to fshing the early times liek this is water temp and knowing when its warmest. there are times that just arnt worth fishing because its all doggies, then the tide swings round and it wartmed up and its time to fish again. seeinfg 6 to 8 degrees change on a tide is the norm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John,

 

Where you want to be fishing is currently open. It was weird being the only truck out there overnight on Thursday. Anybody that claims the new orv plan does not affect the local economy never fished these beaches before the consent decree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John,

Where you want to be fishing is currently open. It was weird being the only truck out there overnight on Thursday. Anybody that claims the new orv plan does not affect the local economy never fished these beaches before the consent decree.

 

ah I didnt knwo that. Is the closure still isted nthe NPS website like it was before? I lost the link and havbnt been able to find that again.

 

hmmmmmm maybe I need to get some stuff cleaned up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to gear up for this weekend but it sounds somewhat the same thing as last weekend... S on Fri. switching to N on Sat. Might hold together for Sat. though. I'm looking for 3-4 days of S in a row. Then I'll run the 700 mi. @ $4 a gal. Still early if'n the birds or phantom birds stay lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the reports of big drum comes the, First shut down--.9 mile north of Buxton to Kite Point beach closed to all!

 

Gotta love it :(

 

That is no where near where the drum were caught, plus it was already a VFZ, now it is closed to pedestrians too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drove to the point yesterday and fished it - still open. I haven't heard anything about it being shut down today although the biologists were trying their hardest to find something:mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.