Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JettyGuy

Anyone have any experience with the Lindenhurst flea market?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I will have a table there and have a lot of nice goodies to sell. I have a new Lami that I hope someone will gobble up at half price.:)

I have heard mixed reviews...but mostly positive stuff..so we'll see. Did anyone go to last years market? how was the traffic?

In case your'e interested, the show is this Saturday, March 10th from 9am- 2pm at the knights of Columbus,400 south broadway.

It gets mobbed and quick. Good fleamarket. Looking for a used Boga and a ultimate surf belt there. Great deals on lures. I hope Paulies is still selling those korkers half price. Where's your booth , I'm interested in that Lami depending on size.

Thanks for the reply Lloyd. I'll be there with two other guys. We have two tables. Unfortunately, we came in under the wire, so our booths will be assigned to us when we get there. I'll be selling grab bags with rubber shads and others with new and old plugs mixed in, so you'll recognize my table. Look for my "poor man's" rod display, which will showcase about six rods. I'll also have a new Tsunami Air wave 10 ft rod in the display..so you'll recognize our booth, hopefully. I'll be the gray haired fellow with the mustache and cheerful disposition.

The Lami is the Ron Arra, two piece nine foot rod...it tosses 3/8 to 2 ounces. A beautiful, fast action, and a great back bay rod. It was used twice and looks and feels brand new. I had planned to sell it on a first come ,first serve basis ,but PM me before Friday, if you are interested, and I'll put it aside for you., provided that you come by my booth by 9:30 am...that should give you time to find me. Just pm me and I'll try to accomadate you, if you are interested in the rod.:)

I am hoping that most people are looking to buy good "used" stuff. I found a guy who had 500 mostly rubber STORM like shad and rubber jig bait in his basement..some new, and some never, or hardly ,ever used. Silly me bought them and i packaged them eight to a bag..we'll see if people will buy them for 2 bucks a bag. I'm skeptical...but worth a shot.

It's amazing the kind of tackle that's sitting around peoples' basements collecting dust. One fisherman I knew who is retiring and moving to Montana sold me eight salt water spinning reels..I bought all eight for eighty bucks.....then he sells me 12 rods for 90 bucks...old, but still all very usable! Then he turns around and gives me two practically new reels as a birthday gift...for 80 bucks. He's thrilled...because his wife is bugging him to get rid of his "junk" so they have less stuff to move and put in the truck and I show up to make their lives less stressful. One of the reels was a Saltist 400 h...and was worth about 220 bucks new ..looks brand new.Still in the box. Have to admit, I tried it out twice, and it's a beautiful reel.Maybe i can find someone to buy it for170 bucks.

He had been fishing for about two centuries.lol...and he had close to 1000 plugs and tins...most plastic bomber and red fin type stuff and some wood and all in good enough shape to still catch plenty of bass. I bundled four to a bag and hope people will buy them for three bucks a bag.

I have never tried to sell anything at a flea market,so this will be a new experience...it sounds like it will be a very fun experience...albeit a zoo! This is not a business venture for me...it's more about making a few bucks to put towards buying a Penn Torque this season.:)

Eight shads for $2... Four plastic swimmers for $3... Where is your table going to be? ;)

Because we registered late we will be given our booth numbers when we arrive at the show...sorry! But please come by..we should not be too hard to find....just look for the table with baggies full of goodies. Thanks,hope to see you there.:)

I also have two of the most beautiful CRACK REELS,both with extra spools and in great working condition. Now i get it, when people say they are cousins to VS. This guy had these reels sitting in his basement closet for thirty years and when you spin them they are still smooth as can be.I guess they are antiques..but they still have a lot of life in them. I am clueless as to what they are worth, but I had a guy offer me 30 bucks for just the spare spool...so I'll probably be selling them for about 70 dollars a piece. I am bringing about 15 penns, too, if anyone needs some good reels ...some still very usable..others great for the spools and parts. I am getting a hernia just thinking about carrying all this stuff..those old Cracks are built like tanks. I have three Mitchells, too, that I am told were once the rage when the BEATLES were hot..lol:D

Wow..what a nice market. We sold over thirty reels in four hours. And we sold about eighty grab bag packages of lures. Many thanks to all of the SOL friends who came by and bought.:)

Thanks Nick. Why are you sleeping all day long? Don't tell us that the other night you finally fulfilled every man's bucket list of servicing twin Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders? Or was it just cod fishing?? LOL:D:D

Thanks Nick. Why are you sleeping all day long? Don't tell us that the other night you finally fulfilled every man's bucket list of servicing twin Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders? Or was it just cod fishing?? LOL:D:D

I meant to say I slept the day of the flea market:) The cheerleader thing is still on the list sadly, maybe one day........ :)

I got a good condition beachmaster slope head conrad. Even better, a brand new floating RM Smith needle for ten bucks. I looked for a nice Penn 146 Squidder, one was beat up and another brand new one was way too expensive. i actually showed remarkable restraint.