Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gray gables

Allstar Blanks?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

No I have never seen an 11ft All Star that was rated that light. They made heavy 1328 and 1329 which are still being made by different manufactuers.

it's to bad, they probably would have sold a ****e load of em,

As I understand it Mook didn't see any reason for an 11' 1326 or 1327 since they would have been surrounded by 10'6" and 11'6" blanks in the 6 and 7 power. You wouldn't cast a 11' much farther then a 10'6" anyhow!!

As I understand it Mook didn't see any reason for an 11' 1326 or 1327 since they would have been surrounded by 10'6" and 11'6" blanks in the 6 and 7 power. You wouldn't cast a 11' much farther then a 10'6" anyhow!!

my 1208 was only 10ft, but it felt totally different than my xra1322, totally different rods I know but it didn't feel good to me so I sold it, :)

They felt different becuase they are different tapers and that means the actions are not the same. So.. now you know what you like. Arra is more of a moderate/fast action and the AS1208 is a fast action!! So stick with moderate action blanks and you'll be fine. Knowing what you like is a good thing!!LOL

They felt different becuase they are different tapers and that means the actions are not the same. So.. now you know what you like. Arra is more of a moderate/fast action and the AS1208 is a fast action!! So stick with moderate action blanks and you'll be fine. Knowing what you like is a good thing!!LOL

That sounds right up my alley. There is a reason why we have thousands of blanks to choose from, one does not fit all. Unfortunately many find this out after forking over their hard earned cash, or in many cases, choose according to what their buddy likes.:(

Your right cnnash, But I can't see him not getting good money for that blank/rod! a 1208 should sell pretty quick!!

I sold it for 380, it was built conventional, I sold it to RURU Lures, Billy Wiker jr, he was very happy with it when he received it, :)

I think that blank/rod can still fetch more then the 1209. The 1208 was never offered as a fcatory build so it kind of has that ellusive thing going on. Your making me think it's time to crack the seal on the vault and get rid of some of my prize All Stars.... naaaaaa not going to happen!!:p

I think that blank/rod can still fetch more then the 1209. The 1208 was never offered as a fcatory build so it kind of has that ellusive thing going on. Your making me think it's time to crack the seal on the vault and get rid of some of my prize All Stars.... naaaaaa not going to happen!!:p

you can't die with them, sell them while you can,

No I have never seen an 11ft All Star that was rated that light. They made heavy 1328 and 1329 which are still being made by different manufactuers.

Sm250;

Does your 1329 blank have a factory label with 1329 on it? I'm a little confused as to what the factory put out. I have never seen a 1329 on a production AS blank. The first factory run of 1389 blanks had a length of 11'-10" and the second came out at 11'-6-1/2". Perhaps the second run was intended to be cut to 11' but the labels on both said 1389. Big Dave said he had a 1329 so perhaps it is a prototype. I do have some blanks that never went into production.

By different manufactures are there others besides Century?

Mine was a OEM or Private label blank by All Star. It was made for another company!! It only said AS1329 heavy graphite and it was 11'! I spoke to the owner of the old All Star at High Point about all of this They made so much off stuff like a 1209M which was like a Pacbay or Batson SW1209 or a 1210 which is like a 1209 unlimited!!

There is only one company I know making blanks right now based on the Don Mook early designs (pre All Star)!! Century's are based on All Star designs but they did their own thing in a way, which is great!! Example.. they have a 1145 which design wise is nothing close to the All Star 1145 but it's action is very close, which is why I think this is my favorite of all the Century blanks!!