Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

Weird stuff old folks do...

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Saving coffee. My FIL has started saving whatever coffee is leftover from the pot. He puts it in a cup or jar and into th frig. The next day he adds fresh hot coffee to it and then complains about the coffee. He also doesn't reduce the amount of coffee that he makes so that the volume of left over coffee continues to grow ... And so do the complaints. (And they tend to play shopping cart demolition derby on senior citizen discount day ... )

Saving coffee. My FIL has started saving whatever coffee is leftover from the pot. He puts it in a cup or jar and into th frig. The next day he adds fresh hot coffee to it and then complains about the coffee. He also doesn't reduce the amount of coffee that he makes so that the volume of left over coffee continues to grow ... And so do the complaints. (And they tend to play shopping cart demolition derby on senior citizen discount day ... )

Whatsa matter, you can't wait till it's your turn?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortez The Killie Killer View Post

Depression era folks tend to revert back to depression-ear ways as they grow older. Musta been tough as hell growing up like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BranfordJeff View Post

Depression era folks tend to revert back to depression-ear ways as they grow older. Musta been tough as hell growing up like that.

I was just gonna post that.

I worked with an old dude when I was in college who was like that.

If he saw something that was discarded that had some "life" left to it, he'd take it.

used to walk around with 25 pens in his pocket that had 3 feet of ink left in them.

Dad would save the last little piece of a bar of soap until he had a bunch of them then he'd soak them in water and press them together to make a new bar. It was quite a process just to get one bar of soap. He was not a poor man either, but he did grow up during the depression. I think you're right about that.

I miss dad.

Is there something wrong with that I did the same thing for a different reason("to make Ice cream") ;) If you let the coffee sit in the fridge for a day it brings out the flavor and is perfect in you blend to make home made Ice Cream... :p

I can't make fun of my Elders. Never have, never will. Not sure why I feel so strongly about it, but I mean it. Just can't go there. Amazing. Old people are my kryptonite.

I can't make fun of my Elders. Never have, never will. Not sure why I feel so strongly about it, but I mean it. Just can't go there. Amazing. Old people are my kryptonite.

:th:

My aunt would steal all the sugar packets from our table when we went to a restaurant.

When the waitress came by she would complain that there was no sugar packets.

When the waitress refilled the container she would steal them all again.

Hahahahahahahahaha :D :D

Not weird at all. Tastes better the next day. I don't put it in the fridge, i leave it on the stove. Takes less time to reheat the next day. Great thermogenic effect as well. My secret to being an observer in the fatties thread and not a participant :p

I catch myself some mornings when I wake up, picking my nose real deep to get that crusty dry one. Then I roll it into a ball and throw it against the wall just to hear it go "Tink". Admit it, some of you do it to.