Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4Shore

Fishing from boat in SF Bay

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Gas prices are crazy and I want to limit my cost with your suggestions of where to fish. Launching at Oakland about 0800. Low tide of 0.0' at 0630 rising to a High tide of 5.3' at 1330. Intend to use live shiners as bait for stripers or halibut. Where would you guys fish this early in the season ?

IMHO you have a better chance of catching if you drift chovie pops. Shiners look great but let off very little scent and don't last very long. Look for clear water. Much better chance to catch if you troll.

IMHO you have a better chance of catching if you drift chovie pops. Shiners look great but let off very little scent and don't last very long. Look for clear water. Much better chance to catch if you troll.

Ya but how about answering his question................Where ??????????

I'll PM him GPS coordinates to Mark's Glory Hole :D

GHeeeeeeSH!!!.....I spend some time at a Men's Turkish Steam Bath House, now everybody wants to talk about my "Glory Hole"!!!!.....I better sell my Liberace album collection......Mark

angel island southwest corner..backside of treasure island near barges and dock..bring your perch gear as well fish rocky areas at same location ..rodeo cove northeast cove always good bet tight to shore

Appreciate the additional info danflytr and Ray Yee. Gonna launch tomorrow to field test the boat and fish a few spots mentioned in this thread. I let you all know results afterward.

Hey guys, Fished Alameda Rock Wall for nada. Did not meter bait or see anything representing an early striper or halibut season. A few boats at the ramp were heading to areas undisclosed and later announced on the Marine radio action was slow as well. A few more weeks should change things. Thanks again for your suggestions.