Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TatonkaJames

Sarah Palin in Brokered Convention ?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Former Governor Palin was interviewed after voting in Alaska a short time ago. Unlike any previous

off the cuff interviews, I have to say, not only was I wowed by her answers, even Democratic strategist

Paul Bagala paid her a most favorable compliment on live TV.

With the republican nominee most likely not receiving enough delegates to capture the nomination,

would anyone be in favor of her being drafted at the convention ?

I've said earlier this week that men have ruled and ruined the country/world since time began, perhaps

having a strong woman like Palin would be favorable for the nation ?

I have to admit, it seems she's matured as a politician and has found her voice.

What say ye ? Draft her over the present field ?

Nope. She isn't ready. Maybe 2016.

Having said that, If she is drafted and wins the slot. She will get my vote.

Anybody would be better than the individual in the Whitehouse at this time.

ABO is the Way to GO!

That loopy c will never be ready for anything beyond gov of a crappy rural state.

I believe you were "outraged" at Limbaugh using similar language towards a woman?

"IF" there is a republican in the White House in 2016, it will be Jeb Bush........imo

I think his dopey brother ruined it for him. Too bad because some people who's opinion I respect feel that he's a competent person.

I think his dopey brother ruined it for him. Too bad because some people who's opinion I respect feel that he's a competent person.

Another Bush in the White House is unacceptably dynastic.

That loopy c will never be ready for anything beyond gov of a crappy rural state.

Alaska is a 'crappy state'? You need to get out more. A lot could be said about the metrosexual universe you live in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidlips View Post

That last name is the big problem.I think  maybe that's why he passed this year and will be counting on time.

That last name is the big problem.I think  maybe that's why he passed this year and will be counting on time.

If Jeb ran for the presidency I'm sure I'd be amused at how his handlers would deal with his last name.

too funny..........good thing you didnt call her a ****......that would be real trouble :rolleyes:

I wonder what states you find acceptable.......

Easy PR fix: "Jeb, son of President GHWB and estranged brother of GWB . . . " LOL.

Palin 2016 reminds me in some ways of Dan Quayle 1996, who found that studying up after the test is given improves you as a person but doesn't let you win. Too bad, he might have had potential.

Quayle and Palin, an interesting comparison.

Give the OP credit for an original thought. This is a speculation that I haven't seen - not lately. And a draft-somebody movement makes all the more sense as the primary contests continue and the GOP's yearning for Someone Else continues. I wonder .... could that happen? Would the voters who were disappointed that she didn't pursue the nomination forgive her in sufficient numbers to give her a shot?

As President or VP?

Could she pair herself up with Romney? (I doubt it.) But if Santorum or Gingrich were to get the Presidential nod ... ?

Jeb Bush, now. He's totally escaped scrutiny by not running, so far. I don't know enough of him to have an opinion. I DO think that the memory of Bush41 is receding into ancient history and he wouldn't be doomed by any means. If Newt, that much-married man and former enthusiast for a national health-care mandate, can reposition himself as a man of settled fidelity and unyielding opposition to ObamaRomneyCare, why should Jeff be tied to wars he didn't start?