Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nalu22

Suspicious Letter Found at West Warwick School

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

So this was going on at our sons school today; def had Deb and I freaking out! Turns out to be a wack-job hoax, several schools in the country got this letters today. All kids and staff are fine, they just let them out. :)

-Kevin

An elementary school in West Warwick was put in lockdown Tuesday afternoon when a letter with a white powdery substance was found in the office.

The superintendent said the letter was found at about 12:30 p.m. at Greenbush Elementary School. He said local, state and federal authorities were notified.

The substance was not thought to be harmful. A boy was taken from the school in an ambulance, but it could not be immediately determined why.

In a recorded message to parents, the superintendent said the office area was closed down and that students and teachers were told to remain in their classrooms.

Students were released at about 5 p.m., about two hours after their regular dismissal time.

Some parents told NBC 10 that they were not immediately told about the situation.

Greenbush was just one of several schools in New England and across the country that reported receiving similar letters. None was thought to be harmful.

WCVB-TV in Boston reported that letters were sent to Dedham Middle School in Dedham, Mass., and to Memorial Elementary School in Milford, Mass.

No injuries were reported at either of those schools.

Using the mail to send powdery substances has been a concern since a series of anthrax-laced letters were sent after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Five people were killed and 17 others were infected.

In 2008, the federal government declared that Bruce Edwards Ivins was behind the mailings. He committed suicide before charges could be brought.

Glad to hear that everyone was fine, my wife would have freaked also. How that even seems humorous to someone is beyond me..

Wifey (Deb), youngest and eldest got their mugs on TV; she is the blond in the beginning and then interviewed at around 1.18 minutes. :)

Sorry, video has been edited, wifey and kids no longer made the cut.

http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2012/mar/06/14/letter-powder-found-west-warwick-school-ar-955559/

Glad to hear that everyone was fine, my wife would have freaked also. How that even seems humorous to someone is beyond me..

anyone who knows me can attest that I have done, and still do from time to time, some stupid **** that I think is funny and few else do....that said, you do something like this to a school, you should be treated no different than if it really was a poisonous substance.....you have to be dangerously stupid, with no hope of recovery, to think this is any way, shape or form, even approaching funny.