Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nipsip

MIT On Climate Change

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Since they have not been to 2100 how could they know.

"The climate results indicate an additional global mean surface warming above present of about

1.7° to 2.9°C by 2050 with a median value of about 2°C. By 2100 the range is about 3.5° to

6.7°C with a median of about 4.3°C. Corals are likely to cease to exist with pH around 7.7, which is

reached in many areas of the ocean in our projections"

Yeah, but what about all the efforts to reduce emissions?

"Even if policy efforts in developed countries are successful in holding emissions constant, the emission increases of other nations – growing and industrializing – will contribute to further increases in greenhouse gas concentrations and climate change."

All these projected problems could be solved by an international economic focus on putting people to work to develop renewable energy.

Since they have not been to 2100 how could they know.

"The climate results indicate an additional global mean surface warming above present of about

1.7° to 2.9°C by 2050 with a median value of about 2°C. By 2100 the range is about 3.5° to

6.7°C with a median of about 4.3°C. Corals are likely to cease to exist with pH around 7.7, which is

reached in many areas of the ocean in our projections"

Yeah, but what about all the efforts to reduce emissions?

"Even if policy efforts in developed countries are successful in holding emissions constant, the emission increases of other nations – growing and industrializing – will contribute to further increases in greenhouse gas concentrations and climate change."

All these projected problems could be solved by an international economic focus on putting people to work to develop renewable energy.

I think Mit has improved his position on AGW. He is allowed to get smarter and not think like a Democrat.

[url=http://globalchange.mit.edu/files/document/MITJPSPGC-

Yes, they must immediately start work on the planetary cooling system and CO2 expulsion device. :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by albacized View Post

Isn't MIT in Cambridge, MA? Draw whatever conclusion you'd like from that

next to nothing,

I put more stock in the fact that it's one of the most prestigious institutions for scientists,

than I do it's street address.

I think Mit has improved his position on AGW. He is allowed to get smarter and not think like a Democrat.

Romney has still improved his stance on AGW, even though I didn't look at the link until a second look at this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by longcaster View Post

Romney has still improved his stance on AGW, even though I didn't look at the link until a second look at this thread.

flip flopped into something more GOP palatable?

Even if everyone believed in global warming, IMO it would not help the earth.

Ask yourself what would happen if they discovered a new sea of oil under any state, any nation in the world tomorrow.

I think it would be burnt.

It would be burnt regardless of anything anyone could ever say or do about it, because that is what our economy dictates must happen. It's profitable.

I'm afraid capitalism doesn't do voluntary cutbacks.

Even if everyone believed in global warming, IMO it would not help the earth.

Ask yourself what would happen if they discovered a new sea of oil under any state, any nation in the world tomorrow.

I think it would be burnt.

It would be burnt regardless of anything anyone could ever say or do about it, because that is what our economy dictates must happen. It's profitable.

I'm afraid capitalism doesn't do voluntary cutbacks.

even if everyone believed in santa claus, does that make him real?