Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonesy

Rush says rappers do it too! LOL!

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Oh man this is getting comical. Rush trying to use Imus,s old defense that rappers say bad things about women so it's ok for him andnthatbthere is some sort of doubler standard.

Sorry Rush and ditto heads. There is no double standard here. Rush has outsized influence in the GOP. Senatros and congressman are scared poop less of him and run to apologize to him if they dare utter any criticism of him. No one on the other side as a fraction of his power whichbis why the attempts to deflect by claiming double standard and making comparisons to stuff bill maher, Ed schlitz and moronic rappers are ringing hollow with normal Americans. The only ones buying this line of crap are the hyper partisan booger eaters and bed wetters.

It's a shame.

Turn off the auto correct.

Quote:

The left, folks -- the media -- are giddy that some advertisers have said they're leaving the program. And I'm sorry to see 'em go. They have profited handsomely from you. These advertisers who have split the scene have done very well due to their access to you, my audience, from this program. To offer their products and services to you through this venue is the best opportunity that they have ever had to advertise their wares. Now they've chosen to deny themselves that access, and that's a business decision, and it's theirs alone to make.

They've decided they don't want you or your business anymore.

So be it.

I found the above rather interesting

I'm sure some will go crawling back to him after this blows over, it's just too damaging right now.

I found this piece intersting. this guy nails it:

Editor's note: David Frum, a CNN contributor, is a contributing editor at Newsweek and The Daily Beast. He was a special assistant to President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2002 and is the author of six books, including "Comeback: Conservatism That Can Win Again."

(CNN) -- "It's not fair!"

As advertisers quit the Rush Limbaugh radio program -- and as Republican politicians squirm uncomfortably -- the broadcaster's fans are complaining about double standards.

Yes, they'll concede, maybe Limbaugh went too far in denouncing a female law student as a "****" and a "prostitute" and then demanding that she post a sex tape online for him to view.

But look (they continue) at all the liberal/lefty broadcasters who have also said obnoxious things! No one calls Democratic politicians to account for them. Why us?

It's a question that will be aired often in the week ahead. Here's the answer, in four points.

Point 1: Even by the rough standards of cable/talk radio/digital talk, Limbaugh's verbal abuse of Sandra Fluke set a new kind of low. I can't recall anything as brutal, ugly and deliberate ever being said by such a prominent person and so emphatically repeated. This was not a case of a bad "word choice." It was a brutally sexualized accusation, against a specific person, prolonged over three days.

Point 2: The cases that conservatives cite as somehow equivalent to Limbaugh's tirade against Fluke by and large did bring consequences for their authors.

After David Letterman for example made an ugly joke about Sarah Palin's daughter, he delivered an abject seven-minute apology on air. (To which Palin responded by refusing the apology and insinuating that David Letterman was a child molester.)

When liberal talker Ed Schultz nastily called my dear friend Laura Ingraham a "****" on his radio show, MSNBC responded by suspending Schultz for a week without pay from his TV show. Schultz likewise apologized in person on air. (Ingraham accepted the apology with grace and humor.)

The exception to the general rule is Bill Maher, who never apologized for calling Palin by a demeaning sexual epithet. But now see point 3:

Point 3: Limbaugh's place in American public life is in no way comparable to that of David Letterman, Bill Maher or Ed Schultz.

Letterman is not a political figure at all; and while Maher and Schultz strongly identify as liberals, neither qualifies as anything like a powerbroker in the Democratic Party. I'm sure the Barack Obama re-election effort is happy to have Maher's million-dollar gift, but I sincerely doubt there is a Democratic congressman who worries much whether Maher criticizes him. A word of criticism from Limbaugh, by contrast, will reduce almost any member of the Republican caucus to abject groveling. See, for example: GINGREY, PHIL.

I can't recall anything as brutal, ugly, and deliberate ever being said by such a prominent person and so emphatically repeated.

Among TV and radio talkers and entertainers, there is none who commands anything like the deference that Limbaugh commands from Republicans: not Rachel Maddow, not Jon Stewart, not Michael Moore, not Keith Olbermann at his zenith. Democratic politicians may wish for favorable comment from their talkers, but they are not terrified of negative comment from them in the way that Republican politicians live in fear of a negative word from Limbaugh.

The ultimate test came in 2002, the vote to authorize force against Iraq. Almost every liberal talker opposed that vote. Hillary Clinton, with her eye on a presidential run in 2008, voted in favor.

That is why no one asks Democratic politicians to repudiate the latest strident statement from an Olbermann or a Moore. There's no sport in it. It's too easy for them to say, "Sure." For Republicans, it's tough.

But maybe, after this latest outburst, a little less tough?

Point 4: Most fundamentally, why the impulse to counter one outrageous stunt by rummaging through the archives in search of some supposedly offsetting outrageous stunt? Why not respond to an indecent act on its own terms, and then -- if there's another indecency later -- react to that too, and on its own terms?

Instead, public life is reduced to a revenge drama. Each offense is condoned by reference to some previous offense by some undefined "them" who supposedly once did something even worse, or anyway nearly as bad, at some point in the past.

But this latest Limbaugh outburst is so "piggish," to borrow a word from Peggy Noonan, as to overwhelm the revenge drama. (On Saturday, Limbaugh apologized "for the insulting word choices.")

It is the bottom of the barrel of shock talk.

And the good news is that from the bottom of the barrel, there is nowhere to go but up.

The people that don't believe that there is a double standard are

The only ones buying this line of crap are the hyper partisan booger eaters and bed wetters.

It's a shame.

Please feel free to provide the quote where Rush is using someone elses bad conduct to justify his own bad conduct.

The people that don't believe that there is a double standard are

Please feel free to provide the quote where Rush is using someone elses bad conduct to justify his own bad conduct.

LOL! are you serious? go check any of the numerous Rush threads right here kid.

from rush's web site

RUSH: This is all part of the culture deteriorating, because fewer and fewer people and fewer and fewer businesses and fewer and fewer institutions actually have a moral core, or they're not willing to stand up for their moral core. And you talk about the double standard, one of the greatest illustrations of it is that rappers can practically say anything they want about women, and it's called art. And they win awards for it. I don't know about you, I have some television shows that I like, and I TiVo 'em, and the P-word that stands for urinate is common now. Or when you're ticked off, you are p--. It's common. The word bitch is common. In sitcoms, in television dramas.

from rush's web site

RUSH: This is all part of the culture deteriorating,

And he's absolutely correct.

And he's contributed to it with his comments.

No doubt a double standard exists.

My feeling this that he (we) should strive to rise above it, not meet it head on.

My feeling this that he (we) should strive to rise above it, not meet it head on.

Yes, the double standard exists, and the 'progressives' and their lackeys in the Lame Stream Media no longer even try to hide it.

I challenge anyone to show me just ONE example of Obama's bed partners airing an unofficial Republican Congressional 'hearing', and proffering it up as a legitimate hearing, like they just did for the House Democrats. Just one. I won't hold my breath. :squid:

I recall rush with these gems:

Amy Carter: The most unattractive presidential daughter

Chelsea Clinton : A dog

Feminism: the means for unattractive women to gain access to society

All which I have seen echoed on this forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NS Mike D View Post

Feminism: the means for unattractive women to gain access to society

All which I have seen echoed on this forum.

how about the phrase feminazi,

like somehow women fighting for equal rights equates to facism and genocide.

I can't take you seriously when you speak like this.

Seriously, save it for Levin.

I think that's a sarah palin term...just saying. I'm a fairly regular listener and haven't heard him use that one.