Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NIGHT STRIKES

Lefty or Wade ? / Pichney or Beachmaster ?

11 posts in this topic

Here are a couple old plugs that I found at the Berkeley Show yesterday, but it would not of happened without a couple great assists from my friends and BSC Members Steven and Tony.. Because My Head was spinning most of the day. :D

( thx guys)

Lefty or Wade ? At first we thought it was a Wade Carr Plug but later detemined that it very well might be a very early Lefty Carr..

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3214095/width/600/height/450]

Pichney or Beachmaster ? Rainbow Conrad, Looking at some of my others I am leaning towards a early Beachmaster. Note - No Brushed or Cupped Lip...

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3214114/width/600/height/450]

Doe's anybody else have a opinion ? Thanks...

Steve

Thanks Guys,, So it looks like we were right on with our assessment of these two plugs.You don't even want to know what I got these for, each one less then what todays new plugs sell at retail ;) Love Fishing Flea Markets.....

Steve

Something about the paint color makes me think Lex, authority needed----

The only thing that puzzles me is the Lip,, belly weight, grommets and tail wrap and dimensions are right on with my other BM and Pichneys..

Steve

The only thing that puzzles me is the Lip,, belly weight, grommets and tail wrap and dimensions are right on with my other BM and Pichneys..

Steve

Steve, BM made the Conrad with both the cupped (bent lip on the sides ) lip and with a flat lip without any bends like the rainbow one pictured in the thread.

Steve, I have both type-lip BM Conrad's. I can see no difference in their swimming. Actually , I have several Conrad's from BM including a very old one in the bag with hooks that has a " flat" lip. I have fished them in deep inlets and they have great action and get deep. For the record, I even have a BM Cowboy junior without the bent lip which I thought they all have? Go figure. Hoped this helped, Steve