Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwamp2006

Whats in your bag?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

So im home messing around and was figuring out what to put in my bag. Im setting one up for night and one for day (ofcourse there will be some in there for the day into night and night into day times). Whats in your bags for those times? feel free to elaborate on time of year and what not..... Should i have all dark plugs for night? yellow/white for day? 

What i have for my night bag so far:

Tsunami Needle fish

Sluggo on a jig head

SS darter

SS needle

Rhode island Eely type jointed swimmer

creek chub surfster in bunker

AOK PB

7inch bomber

tsunami talking popper in bunker

RM piglet

all plugs are in blurple/black except the 2 bunkers...... any ideas? lets hear it

Depends on time of year,tide,moonphase,where your fishing etc...also don't just carry black at night,there are some nights that lighter colors work best!! Try to cover the water column...surface,subsurface,deep divers,buctails etc.trial and error is the best way,eventually you will develope a pattern and know when,where and what to carry.

So im home messing around and was figuring out what to put in my bag. Im setting one up for night and one for day (ofcourse there will be some in there for the day into night and night into day times). Whats in your bags for those times? feel free to elaborate on time of year and what not..... Should i have all dark plugs for night? yellow/white for day? 

What i have for my night bag so far:

Tsunami Needle fish

Sluggo on a jig head

SS darter

SS needle

Rhode island Eely type jointed swimmer

creek chub surfster in bunker

AOK PB

7inch bomber

tsunami talking popper in bunker

RM piglet

all plugs are in blurple/black except the 2 bunkers...... any ideas? lets hear it

I'm thrilled there is a RI Eely Type jointed in ther ;) but I'd love to see you try another good wood Needlefish and compare it to the tsunami to see some real comparison.

Armand

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfishsmartie View Post

weighted treble

cool i have one but thought of that for more daytime use, but if im fishing from night into day i better have that on me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RI Popper View Post

I'm thrilled there is a RI Eely Type jointed in ther ;) but I'd love to see you try another good wood Needlefish and compare it to the tsunami to see some real comparison.

Armand

hey armand, dont know if you made the connecting but i am Dan, we spoke at berkeley. I'll see you at asbury!

cool i have one but thought of that for more daytime use, but if im fishing from night into day i better have that on me!

bass still eat bunker at night, not just when the suns up.

Right now since it is early spring I have paddle tails, salt shakers, jig heads, finesse, small swimmers and bucktails. Few weeks I will take some of those out and put topwater and subsurface lures. I carry a wide variety of colors and weights/sizes. It really all depends on where I am fishing, what the bait is, what the water depth/temperature is, and what time of the day it is.

Thinking of hitting the surf again soon, but I still have the same plugs in my bag since the last time I was out there (early February - night time.) Which were: SS Needle 1 1/2oz, Yozuri Mag Darter black, Sp Minnow blackish purple, Bucktails in various sizes 1/2 - 1oz mostly, black 16a bomber, choopy darter schoolbus, and black vision surfeels.

Oh, and if your fishing night into day dwamp, be sure to carry 9" tandem rigged sluggos, or hogys. Fish them around false dawn, just before dawn. When dawn comes up, try a popper. Deadly lures during these times. As well as dusk.

With the large amount of bunker around during the spring time, I would add a few 2 oz. and larger pencil poppers. They are mostly a day time offering but, I've been known to throw them on brighter evenings...A few Smilin Bills in the 1/2 oz. to 1-1/2 oz. range would'nt hurt either.