Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tmirrione63

warn hitch question

16 posts in this topic

So i was looking at this warn front hitch ...

WARN-61768-Multi-Mount-Front-Receiver

And my question is i want a tow point do would it be a good idea to weld on D ring tabs to that?

And i also need to weld Two bars for the hamburger cooler rack ?

Good idea not a good idea??

For the tow point, use one of those snatch hooks that goes in the receiver.

Most hitches recomment that "no" welding or drillingbe done on the hitch.

Shackle.jpg

This is what you want.

Most hitches do say no welding, however, if you have someone that knows what they're doing do the work, should be no problem.

Check for local people that can make you a custom bumper with 2" recievers right where you want/need them as well as D-ring tabs in the right place and welded in and properly braced.

I wouldnt be doing the welding..i would go to a fab shop on long island..So if i have someone professional do that would be okay?

Well i need it to mount the hamburger cooler rack that i picked up also. and bumpers can be alot of $$ this is only 220 shipped plus welding and the d ring tabs.

Well i like how the hitch is place on my wj. its some what hidden, not like some of the hitches that go below everything so you see it. Do you know what i mean?

Yeah, often the factory hitches will keep the workings 'hidden' below the bumper. Not sure if they have a factory front hitch though for the WJ. Search around jeep sites/forums....tons of info, tons of cool products from guys down the road that fab them out of beefy steel!

Wait, do you want two 'bars' welded onto the hitch to hold additional stuff and then weld tabs for the D-rings somewhere too?? If the hitch is hidden, this could be difficult to get the Dring tabs on the hitch itself.

I've got some tabs for Drings that bolt to where a tow hook would bolt, they're an L-bracket of sorts, nearly half inch thick material, but if you throw a front hitch on you probably won't be able to do tow hooks.

Are you just going to have the guy weld say 5/8" thick plate with some big holes drilled in it hanging down below the bumper?

What are you talking about dual steering stabilizers on the steering? If you are saying the hitch with the 3 holes? I need something like that bc the hamburger cool rack has 2 bars that hook up to the truck.