Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
digger

Thank You TimS, and SOL from the Shark River Surf Anglers

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

As many of you know, the Food Fling (aside from being the SOL social event of the year) raises money for deserving kids fishing charities. The Shark River Surf Anglers Kids Trout Tournament has always received a good portion of the proceeds. This year was no different.

On behalf of the Shark River Surf Anglers, I'd like to thank all of you for coming out and supporting our cause. The Kids Trout Tournament is our "Big Day" of the year, and It's really fantastic to see the kids come out and catch some beautiful trout. We all know that the kids are the future of our sport, and we need to get as many kids as possible hooked on fishing so that they, like us can carry on the traditions that we all enjoy so much.

Thanks Tim and Carole for bringing this community of friends together. Thanks very much to Ben, Steve, Chief, the Derfs, Nuke, and all of the other "enablers" who set the place up,bring the food, cook the food, sell the tickets. donate the prizes, organize and run the chinese auction, and buy the tickets, and then clean the firehouse up. All of your efforts help us make it possible to make a real impression on the futures of hundreds of children. :)

I didn't get to speak with all of you, but it was great to see all of you again.

Thank you,

Digger

ps.. That Spring Lager was delicious, and ...I'm still full urp.... :D

I'd like to wholeheartedly echo Digger's thoughts. Our group works super hard to put this kids event together, but ultimately, it doesn't happen without help from contributions like this. :th:

Awesome job everyone!

You boys beat me to it.

Yes, The Jeff Morris Memorial Kids Trout Tournament wouldn't be nearly as great as it is without the generosity from the SOL family.

If you have kids up to the age of 15, bring them down to Spring Lake on opening day. I guarantee, they'll love it.

As always, we are glad to help out - so many folks do so much to make this happen every year :th: There's going to be a lot of changes for next year's Food Fling :read: One change, for the first time ever, we are going to give sponsors an opportunity to participate :) This will put some big ticket items on the tables and create much more buzz for the fund raising :wave: That's just one change, but after 11 years, there are a couple other things we are going to do - like have a couple seminar/speaker type sessions for folks to attend...for free...and maybe a couple demos for people to check out...stuff like that - it's time for some changes :)

TimS

A wonderful time with so many great folks. I had a ball and so did my son Jacques. Thanks to all the cooks, ticket folks, doners, etc, etc, etc.... Great to see it helping the kids.

Armand

and maybe a couple demos for people to check out...stuff like that - it's time for some changes :)

TimS

I can do something cooking related. Teach the kids how to kneed and bake bread perhaps? They can make their own and bake it in the oven in the kitchen.

I've done a "science of pizza dough" for my kids school that culminates with them hand tossing pizza dough. Take about 45 minutes.

I can do something cooking related. Teach SIM how to kneed and bake bread perhaps? He can make his own and bake it in the oven in the kitchen.

I've done a "science of pizza dough" for my kids school that culminates with them hand tossing pizza dough. Take about 45 minutes.

Fixed it - this is gonna be a sellout!

Fixed it - this is gonna be a sellout!

Yeah, right, as if I would have time to do that at the FF...............;)...Besides, I don't knead (pun intended) a lesson.....I already know how to make awesome sourdough bread WHEN I CHOOSE TO DO SO.....:p

Digger, Sudsy, Darryl - it is more than my pleasure to play the small role that I do in doing this thing, as the reward of seeing the pictures here of the kids faces from the Trout Tournament is more than worth the effort I put into it....:):th:

Sorry I missed it AGAIN.. UGH We have our Clubs (SRSA) awards banquet the same night and it's hard to spend $$$ @ both. I hope to make it next year..

THANKS to you Guys & Gals who gave us support for our kids tournament.

Hope to see some of you out there..