Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drc

"Hook Proofing" an Aquaskinz Plug Bag

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I'm sure anyone with one of these bags can attest to the material's tendency to snag hooks. I'm thinking of spraying or brushing on something that might stiffen up the material to "hook proof" it to some extent.

I thought I saw a thread on here once on this topic. Any ideas?

One thing to do is take black duct tape and fold it over the lip/rim of the top of the bag. Another idea is to use Aquaseal anywhere you think a hook would snag. Neither method will "hook proof" it, but it sure helps a lot.

Duct tape and it does not have to be black. I posted a picture in here sometime ago. Th AS bag are terrible with hooks..I was hoping they are going to fix it but they did not...

crush your barbs

the hook snags drove me so crazy that i ended up just buying a new bag, i ended up getting a commando. money well spent

Yea, I had a mak but it was too big. I'll probably pick up something like that eventually. I've got 2 aquaskinz though and I'd like to make them more servicable if i can do it cheaply.

I have a two row that I purchased when they first came out and no snagging issues. My new small/tall bags are a different story. I can't believe I didn't think of duct tape......

Duct tape and it does not have to be black. I posted a picture in here sometime ago. Th AS bag are terrible with hooks..I was hoping they are going to fix it but they did not...

No, it does not have to be black, but it looks a hell of a lot better than gray.

Try a spray adhesive that dries hard. The first one I did the adhesive dried very gummy the second time I used a different brand and that did the trick.

No, it does not have to be black, but it looks a hell of a lot better than gray.

You are right, it's look much better in black but since fishing is not a beauty context for me, who give a damn?..

..and BTW - I went with the AquaSeal solution in the past, it works, not as good as the duct tape and the duct tape is much less expensive.