Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
midwestexile

Would you like to play a game?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Republican presidential candidates; the game. Guess which candiate did not say anything critical of Rush? The answers are in the spoiler box [i've really been wanting to play with that site feature] and subtract one point from your political IQ score for each wrong answer.:)

Santorum's reaction:

[spoiler=Warning: Spoiler!]Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum on Friday dismissed radio host Rush Limbaugh's disparaging remarks about student activist Sandra Fluke as "absurd."

"He's being absurd, but that's you know, an entertainer can be absurd," Santorum said on CNN. "He's in a very different business than I am."

Romney's reaction:

[spoiler=Warning: Spoiler!]Mitt Romney responded for the first time this evening to comments made by Rush Limbaugh in which he referred to a college student as a “****,” saying that it’s “not the language” he would have used.

“I’ll just say this, which is, it’s not the language I would have used. I’m focusing on the issues I think are significant in the country today, and that’s why I’m here talking about jobs and Ohio,” Romney said to reporters on a rope line after a rally at Cleveland State University.

Paul's Reaction

[spoiler=Warning: Spoiler!]Ron Paul became the latest presidential hopeful to weight in on controversial and incendiary language used by radio commentator Rush Limbaugh to describe a college student, telling reporters Friday the remarks were in poor taste.

"It sounded a little crude the way it came across to me," Paul said. "I don't know why it has to be such a political football like this, so you have to ask him about his crudeness."

Gingrich's reaction:

[spoiler=Warning: Spoiler!]Newt Gingrich avoided criticizing Rush Limbaugh for publicly assailing Sandra Fluke over her testimony to Congress advocating for health insurance companies to cover birth control, but he was quick to attack President Obama, saying he acted “opportunistically” when he called the Georgetown Law student to express his disappointment in Limbaugh’s comments.

“I think the president will opportunistically do anything he can,” Gingrich said after a rally at the Back Porch Saloon. “I think the most important use of language in the last week has been the president’s apology to religious fanatics, and I want to stay focused on what the president has said, and I think what he said was inexcusable and is exactly the wrong policy at a time of life and death, and playing political games is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned.”

well we don't know do we?

Going on your cut n pastes it looks like Newt Gingrich did not.  But there is also the issue of the sources.  that being CBS and CNN.

Romney's response...... :huh:

he says he doesn't watch NASCAR races, but it sure sounds like he'd fit right in.

big car wreck, driver goes over to the person with the microphone and talks about the car wreck, but makes sure he gets in all the names of the sponsors.

well we don't know do we?

Going on your cut n pastes it looks like Newt Gingrich did not.  But there is also the issue of the sources.  that being CBS and CNN.

Thank you for going (playing) along. Sometimes a little game is just a game with no 225.

If anyone doubts the accuracy of the quotations feel free to search (this site is consistent about not posting links to ad-bearing sites (like news sites do) with the sometime exception of links in the PG). Please help if you found an error or more detail -- full accuracy makes this little game better. If the MSM conspiracy theory is true, these folks would presumably have a conflict between trashing Rush and making Republicans look bad, so I can see why there might be doubt. And it did take some digging to find the Ron Paul clip, since the coverage base and linking base (for google rankings) is smaller.

I would agree Gingrich just did not want to talk about it -- swinging the focus to Obama. At least once blog billed it as "the others trashed Rush" but I don't know what conclusion they wanted readers to draw from that about Gingrich (did they think he was late to the party or the only true free-speech-er?).

The 'progressive' Simians dug a tiger pit, and we Republican tigers fell right into it. They're to be congratulated for framing a specious argument, and making Rush, a political entertainer, just like Bill Maher, the issue. Even Dick Santorum is smart enough to run screaming into the night rather than defend Rush.

I think the 'progressives' won a Hell of a victory here; a real feather in the cap of an utter failure of a President, who can't run on his dismal record, but will run on his variation of 'social' issues. This week was theirs. :clap:..:(