Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hotfishgirl

just finished my last bag of sea bass

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Well i am finally out of fish in the freezer:(.I enjoyed my last sea bass filets tonight and i was surprised there was not freezer burn at all.It was actually very delicious.I had my freezer packed with sea bass,flukes,flounders,tau tog,and blue fish.It lasted until tonight so i would say i did pretty well.I eat fish at least once a week.This year i am getting a cryovac system.There is something special about eating fish that you caught with your own two hands.I thought back on the warm summer mornings in which i would always catch a few.I am so looking forward to fishing this year!!

By the way this is my last month in the city of Boston!!I just got a place in duxbury/kingston line,1 mile from my fishing spot:D

I caught several keeper sea bass in the Canal this year as I was chunking for stripers. After releasing about the 6th one I thought "Hey, what am I doing?" They are great eating. I had a problem with the idea of keeping them at first because I used to have such a good time hand feeding them back in my scuba diving days. They'd follow me around like puppies.

Ha! I just pulled out my last bag of sea bass for tomorrow nite.

Inventory is getting very low with some freezer burnt Cod, 1 Striper fillet, 2 bags of scallops and about 2 doz stuffed quahogs. Come on spring!

HFG, moving!!!! What will be involved with the tanks? Ground floor, no basement in your new digs? The thought of moving makes me want to stick my head in the sand and I can't imagine the prep involved to move those tanks and fish! Good luck girl!

HFG, moving!!!! What will be involved with the tanks? Ground floor, no basement in your new digs? The thought of moving makes me want to stick my head in the sand and I can't imagine the prep involved to move those tanks and fish! Good luck girl!

I found another"garden level" apartment with cement under me:D.I am moving 28 aquariums and a few hundred fish:shock:.It will be a barrel of fun.

wow, thats a lot of aquariums! is that why you need the cement floor? Great place to live, many fishing spots... salt and fresh.

plymouth is a unique town, i used to work there many years ago. then go fishing after work, long pond in 20 minutes, flyrod in hand~

I can't imagine moving fish is easy..

I always get basement/garden level apartments because some of my aquariums are huge and weigh tons.Its really not too hard to move them as long as it is planned out.I am paid for half of march at the new place so that will give me two weeks to move.I actually grew up in the area i am moving to so i know many many fishing spots.I am thinking about buying an electric adult tricycle.Another good thing is my mom is only 2 miles away and since she is 70 now i will be able to help her more.

I found another"garden level" apartment with cement under me:D.I am moving 28 aquariums and a few hundred fish:shock:.It will be a barrel of fun.

Just how many barrels are we talking here??????????????????

PS I only have about 8 or 9 striper fillets left myself :shock:

HFG, do you use tap water to fill the aquariums, then "treat" the water to make it usable for the fish? all freshwater, or are some salt water?

HFG, do you use tap water to fill the aquariums, then "treat" the water to make it usable for the fish? all freshwater, or are some salt water?

i use tap water and treat with prime as i go.They are all fresh water mostly from south america.

I just ate the last of my sea bass last week! Can't wait for more sea candy!

Yes, it is the one fish I don't mind freezing.......very good stuff......only a couple of months to go.........