Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tidewaterfly

Some Tying!

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Here's some trebles I've dressed in the last couple of days. These are size 2 VMC round bend hooks, 8650's I think, with Permasteel finish. These will be used to replace hooks on several jerkbaits and some poppers I use for schoolie Stripers & tidal LM bass.

There's some chartreuse, chartreuse/white, white, chartreuse/yellow & blurple! All have silver holographic flash.

Hope you like them!

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3209857/width/600/height/450]

Great job ...look sweeeeeeeet ...I hate doing trebles ....:mad:

Thanks! I actually like tying them. Except more chances to stick myself! :squid:

I spent a little time last week with another member who lives near me, luv2bass, showing him how to tie these.

He offered some fishing on his boat in exchange, so a good deal for me I think! Great guy & I'm looking forward to fishing with him! :D

That got me inspired to tie these up! :th:

Very nice work! Some people have an issue with hitting the hook tips while tying, and nick the bobbin and then the nick keeps cutting the thread. Get some rubber air line and cut a small piece off, put on tip of hook. No more issues. Small trebles seem to be the bobbin killers lol. Went through several while I was learning.

BLT, thanks for the comments & tip. I have some clear tubing I use, but don't nick the thread too often anyway, been tying for a long time.

Stick my fingers more than I nick the thread when I don't cover the points! :(

Lol, I know what you mean. Clipped a finger here and there myself.

That was just a general "tip", not directed at you. Looking at your work, if you would have said you were new to tying, I would have sold all my stuff and gave up lol. I hear the feather hair dressing craze for women is slowing down. Maybe the feathers will drop in price soon.

Yeah, that hair craze really screwed up the works! I've been collecting my supplies too for many years, and have a decent supply to tie with, but could have probably made a killing selling what I have.

But where's the fun in that! I would just be buying more of it to tie with & paying a higher price! :squid:

The trebles were tied with some short saddles, almost like spade hackle. I don't think the women wanted feathers that short anyway! :)